Search found 541 matches
- Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:39 pm
- Forum: New Crabs and New Crab Owners
- Topic: Crabs aren't digging
- Replies: 10
- Views: 301
While it’s more expensive, I got my play sand from Amazon and mixed it with Eco Earth. One brand I use is called WeJe play sand. Here’s a link to one of the brands that I use: https://www.amazon.com/Play-Sand-bag-sand-fine/dp/B073XVQFPJ/ref=mp_s_a_1_71?keywords=play+sand&qid=1568752976&sr=8-71#immer...
- Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:31 pm
- Forum: Emergency
- Topic: Crab halfway out of shell and limp, not moving
- Replies: 5
- Views: 114
1. What kind of substrate is used in your tank and how deep is it? Black and white gravel-ish pebbles. It’s about 2 inches deep Hi there, I’m going to respond with Crabby33. Gravel is not recommended. Most people here use a 5:1 ratio of play sand/eco earth to mimic their natural habitat. It needs to...
- Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:39 pm
- Forum: Food
- Topic: What's on today's menu & recipe sharing
- Replies: 120
- Views: 142049
Tonight my crabs are getting banana, mango, pineapple, cilantro, asparagus, broccoli, avocado, shrimp, bloodworms and crushed oyster shell.
This is giving me an idea to give my crabs a mix of honey, olive oil and eggs and mix in some of the blood worms and shrimp that they like. I may even consider mixing in ground flax seed and chia seed.
I think that might be my issue. Is that I’m only offering them one thing and they want more variety. As soon I start offering more variety, they will start eating more.
I currently don’t have anyone underground at the moment. I only have two crabs. I apologize for the confusion. I think this is what I’m going to try:
Crushed Oyster Shell
Crushed Oyster Shell
Xeno, to answer your question, no, I’m not giving them other things in addition to the fruit. Maybe I need to try giving them fruit, vegetables, protein, calcium and fats in their food bowl. Then let them seek out what they need at the moment.
Right now, my crabs are only wanting proteins and nothing else. I’ve tried feeding them a mix of blueberries, blackberries and strawberries but the crabs weren’t interested. But when I switched it back to bloodworms and shrimp, they started eating. I’m suspecting they may be pre-molt.