Crab needing a home ~ Austin, TX

Please create a new topic about your hermit crab(s) needing rehomed. Topic titles must start with city and state.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Topic author
Schleprocksami

Crab needing a home ~ Austin, TX

Post by Schleprocksami » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:18 am

Hi there! My name is Sam. So over the years, we’ve been pretty successful at keeping hermit crabs, we had about 8 for a couple of years. But suddenly a couple months ago they all started dying. We have only one left that I’m pretty sure is one we’ve had for about 4 years (can’t be too sure because of the changing of shells) but he’s been all alone for about 3 or 4 months now. I do want him to have hermie friends but I’ve had a change of heart about buying them from gift shops at the beach. I really really don’t want him to die and I feel so bad he’s been alone for all this time. I was wondering if there was any way you would be up for adopting him! I live in north Austin very close to round rock.. I have a bunch of empty shells..a dish a little bit of greenery and some reptile sand substrate if your interested in that as well. I just want him to have a happy hermie life! Let me know! 😊🙏🏻

Bluecrab

Re: Crab needing a home ~ Austin, TX

Post by Bluecrab » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:11 am

I'm interested!! I'm from Dallas though. PM me if you want to work something out!

Oliviet#1

Post by Oliviet#1 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:12 am

Schleprocksami wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:18 am
Hi there! My name is Sam. So over the years, we’ve been pretty successful at keeping hermit crabs, we had about 8 for a couple of years. But suddenly a couple months ago they all started dying. We have only one left that I’m pretty sure is one we’ve had for about 4 years (can’t be too sure because of the changing of shells) but he’s been all alone for about 3 or 4 months now. I do want him to have hermie friends but I’ve had a change of heart about buying them from gift shops at the beach. I really really don’t want him to die and I feel so bad he’s been alone for all this time. I was wondering if there was any way you would be up for adopting him! I live in north Austin very close to round rock.. I have a bunch of empty shells..a dish a little bit of greenery and some reptile sand substrate if your interested in that as well. I just want him to have a happy hermie life! Let me know! 😊🙏🏻
Could they have been dying from a harmful bug or mite?
I have had pets in the past, but my family can’t have any furry or feathered ones due to allergies. I usually try my best to help and currently trying to set up a crabitat. I also try to treat others with Love!❤️

singingcricket

Post by singingcricket » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:37 am

Hi! I am interested in this crab if he still needs a home. Send me a PM or reply here if you are still looking.