Odin the Purple Pincer needs a home Orange County CA

Please create a new topic about your hermit crab(s) needing rehomed. Topic titles must start with city and state.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Topic author
odinthehermit

Odin the Purple Pincer needs a home Orange County CA

Post by odinthehermit » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:49 pm

Hello, it pains me to have to write this but I have a hermit crab that needs a new home. I found Odin on a beach here in Newport Beach CA two summers ago in the wee hours of the morning. He was inhabitating a large white shell with a painted batman logo on it. I took him home and he's been with me ever since. My issue is that I researched hermit crabs and found that they are social creatures so I went and adopted one off craigslist. Unfortunately Odin ate his new friend and he's been solo for about a year and a half now. I am sure he's a sad crabby. He needs another friend but I don't want to keep crabs for the rest of my life. I rather give Odin to a loving home than to keep him as a sad solo crab for the rest of his life.
He currently lives in a 20 gallon fish tank lined with coconut substrate. He has access to both fresh and salt water, both treated. He also has a heating pad. He has both humidity and temp thermometers. I feed him a combination of kombu, dried bonito and sunflower/pumpkin seeds and occasionally dried fruit and nuts.
P.s he had moved into a natural shell (no paint!) A day after I took him in :crabbigsmile: