Help! Is anyone available to take in 1 hermit crab in metro detroit, Michigan?

Please create a new topic about your hermit crab(s) needing rehomed. Topic titles must start with city and state.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Topic author
mm832

Help! Is anyone available to take in 1 hermit crab in metro detroit, Michigan?

Post by mm832 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:41 pm

I'm in the process of adopting these 2 hermit crabs I saw on FB market place in Monroe, Michigan. Look at the metal tank, lack of substrate, and painted shells :( I was compelled to take them in. However, I only have tank space to take 1 hermit crab only......taking 2 would be pushing it. Is ANYONE in the area able to rehome 1 of them? Location is also close to Toledo, Ohio!

***UPDATE: I currently have both of them in an quarantine tank as I don't have room in my main tank for both of them. Still looking for someone to take 1 of them in metro detroit area!
Last edited by mm832 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blackberry75

Re: Help! Is anyone available to take in 1 hermit crab in Michigan/Toledo Ohio?

Post by blackberry75 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:17 am

I'm close to Toledo and have space for a crab, though I'm a noob to crabbing, to be completely honest. I've only been crabbing since this past summer.

Currently I have 3 crabs in a 40 gallon breeder tank. Lots of substrate, stable heat/humidity, moss pits, fresh and salt water pools, lots of hiding spots, varied diet with access to calcium, worm castings, and fresh vegetation at all times. I'm working on a tank topper from our old 10 gallon for more climbing space. PM me if you're still interested in giving one away.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

Topic author
mm832

Re: Help! Is anyone available to take in 1 hermit crab in Michigan/Toledo Ohio?

Post by mm832 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:21 pm

blackberry75 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:17 am
I'm close to Toledo and have space for a crab, though I'm a noob to crabbing, to be completely honest. I've only been crabbing since this past summer.

Currently I have 3 crabs in a 40 gallon breeder tank. Lots of substrate, stable heat/humidity, moss pits, fresh and salt water pools, lots of hiding spots, varied diet with access to calcium, worm castings, and fresh vegetation at all times. I'm working on a tank topper from our old 10 gallon for more climbing space. PM me if you're still interested in giving one away.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk
Thanks for responding. I actually picked them up weeks ago and now have them with me in Detroit. I have them in a temporary quarantine tank. I guess I should change the listing title.