1 crab in MD needs a new home

Please create a new topic about your hermit crab(s) needing rehomed. Topic titles must start with city and state.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Topic author
CR_ROBINSON

1 crab in MD needs a new home

Post by CR_ROBINSON » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:02 pm

Boys down the street passed along a hermit crab to my nephew and he is not interested in the sweet little critter. I am seeking a home for the crab where it will be nurtured and well cared for. We are in the Silver Spring/Rockville area and can deliver -- from a safe distance! Contact: crr@pipeline.com or 202.215.1054. Thank you!

Tori

Re: 1 crab in MD needs a new home

Post by Tori » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:23 pm

My hermit crab recently died and I am looking for a new hermit crab. Is Silver spring in Maryland? If so I am in Virginia in the D.C. area, very close by to Maryland. Don't reserve the crab for me because I may not be able to get it. Also I am still not sure how many I want, and it may be a month or so until I decide to actually go get one. So this is not official, just letting you know I am thinking about it. :)
My spirit animal...is a hermit crab. Very social, loves to have friends, but can hide when they want to.

Topic author
CR_ROBINSON

Post by CR_ROBINSON » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:06 am

Thanks for your reply, Tori. Silver Spring is near the VA portion close to DC. I would be happy to transport if you decide you do want the hermit crab we have to give away. Keep me posted!

Tori wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:23 pm
My hermit crab recently died and I am looking for a new hermit crab. Is Silver spring in Maryland? If so I am in Virginia in the D.C. area, very close by to Maryland. Don't reserve the crab for me because I may not be able to get it. Also I am still not sure how many I want, and it may be a month or so until I decide to actually go get one. So this is not official, just letting you know I am thinking about it. :)

Tori

Post by Tori » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:13 pm

CR_ROBINSON wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:06 am
Thanks for your reply, Tori. Silver Spring is near the VA portion close to DC. I would be happy to transport if you decide you do want the hermit crab we have to give away. Keep me posted!
That is good to know! Thank you. I will keep you posted.
My spirit animal...is a hermit crab. Very social, loves to have friends, but can hide when they want to.

FJrocks003

Post by FJrocks003 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:17 pm

CR_ROBINSON wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:02 pm
Boys down the street passed along a hermit crab to my nephew and he is not interested in the sweet little critter. I am seeking a home for the crab where it will be nurtured and well cared for. We are in the Silver Spring/Rockville area and can deliver -- from a safe distance! Contact: crr@pipeline.com or 202.215.1054. Thank you!
Depending on the size of the crab I might be able to take it (mine are all med-jumbo and I wouldn't want it to be bullied). I'm not official either but I'll contact you if I can take him/her.
My 5 crabs: Dilly (ecuadorian, medium-small), Flame (purple pincher, medium), Fleck (purple pincher, medium), Bubbles (blueberry, medium-large), Indigo (blueberry, large-extra large).

RAHermits

Post by RAHermits » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:20 pm

Do you know what kind of crab it is? I'm assuming a purple pincher?

itsjoel

Post by itsjoel » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:17 am

How large? If medium or smaller and not in a painted shell, would you be willing to ship with a heat pack to nc?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Two purple pinchers and five rescue kitties all living together!! :) Have a great day!
Rest in piece Cherry Pie <3

RAHermits

Post by RAHermits » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:25 pm

itsjoel wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:17 am
How large? If medium or smaller and not in a painted shell, would you be willing to ship with a heat pack to nc?

I would NOT recommend this, especially in the dead of winter with snow storms all around this area.

I will take this crab before you have to ship it.

itsjoel

Post by itsjoel » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:30 pm

RAHermits wrote: I would NOT recommend this, especially in the dead of winter with snow storms all around this area.

I will take this crab before you have to ship it.
Yep, especially not right now while it's actually freezing here. More just hoping they'd be willing to ship sometime in march when it'll be warm, but not too hot. Please take him if you're able to and he needs a home urgently.

Two purple pinchers and five rescue kitties all living together!! :) Have a great day!
Rest in piece Cherry Pie <3

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:58 pm

I'm going to email you.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

My Pets: 1 Pomeranian, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 11 hermit crabs.
"Animals are my friends, and I don’t eat my friends".
-George Bernard Shaw

Aje1226

Post by Aje1226 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:46 pm

I am in the process of setting up a crabitat. I’ve been researching for weeks now. Is your little guy available?

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:29 pm

This crabby has been adopted!

My Pets: 1 Pomeranian, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 11 hermit crabs.
-George Bernard Shaw

crabbycasey

Post by crabbycasey » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:45 pm

Woohoo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:02 pm

crabbycasey wrote:Woohoo! ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageShe's fitting right in with the others. She's been sitting in the greensand dish all day just chilling. Image

-George Bernard Shaw