1 PP Hermit Crab (named Tofu) Needs Home! Tullahoma, TN

Please create a new topic about your hermit crab(s) needing rehomed. Topic titles must start with city and state.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Topic author
BeeTofu

1 PP Hermit Crab (named Tofu) Needs Home! Tullahoma, TN

Post by BeeTofu » Fri May 04, 2018 12:54 pm

Location: Tullahoma, TN. I want Tofu to go to a good home so I am very willing to drive, if need be, up to 5-6 hours away from my location.

Shipping: No.

Information about Tofu:

Tofu is a medium sized PP hermit crab (I do not know Tofu's sex). He/She is in a painted shell that I have been working very hard to get him/her to move out of but it has not worked yet. Tofu honestly is the best. He/She is super curious and loves to explore/climb.

Backstory - Tofu's original home was with a family who gave him/her away to one of my friends after Tofu allegedly pinched the little girl that was Tofu's original human. My friend knew nothing about hermit crabs but offered to take him/her because she thought it was a better option for Tofu. My friend later realized the extent of her lack of knowledge about hermit crabs and very badly wanted to give Tofu away. I offered to take him/her because I had hermit crabs when I was younger and I believed that I could properly take care of Tofu. After doing more in-depth research about hermit crabs I realized that I also knew very little about how much care hermit crabs really need. As a college student, I am unable to financially give Tofu everything that he/she needs to live a happy life. I am also unable to give Tofu the stability that he/she needs as I am constantly moving. As a result, I am trying to find a home for Tofu with a more experienced hermit crab caretaker that will be able to give Tofu a happy life with other hermit crabs.

Crabitat: Currently, Tofu lives in a 10-gallon glass tank by him/herself. It has both sand and coconut fibers. There are two water bowls, 1 for saltwater and the other for fresh water (w/ sponge). There is a shell that is used as a food dish that I put hermit crab pellets, along with a dried fruit mix in. There are shells, two small climbing logs, a wooden home, and rocks. I also use a small heating lamp. I know that this is not enough for Tofu to be healthy or happy but unfortunately this is all that I have been able to provide. If wanted everything listed (including food), except the small heating lamp, can come with Tofu.

If interested please contact me at: TofuTheCrab@gmail.com

Hermiesguardian

Re: 1 PP Hermit Crab (named Tofu) Needs Home! Tullahoma, TN

Post by Hermiesguardian » Tue May 08, 2018 5:04 pm

Hi. Has anyone offered to take Tofu yet? I emailed you and said I was thinking about it. I didn't hear back.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:39 pm

Is Tofu still available?
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Overmountain1

Post by Overmountain1 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:08 pm

As hermiesguardian asked- still needing a new home? I live on the Va/Tn border so it wouldn’t be hard to meet up! Let us know when you have a chance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk