6 Crabs Needing a Home - Richmond, VA

Please create a new topic about your hermit crab(s) needing rehomed. Topic titles must start with city and state.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Topic author
hermitharbor

6 Crabs Needing a Home - Richmond, VA

Post by hermitharbor » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:22 pm

Hey all! I need to rehome my crabs due to the fact that after a lot of thought, me being so mobile in my life (may move a few times within the next few years to find cheap housing and for work as a lot of young adults do, etc) is not the best for them. I've moved them once and to be quite honest, I don't want to do it again. It's a lot of work and hassle (not to mention stressful for my babies), and with me being young and on my own, I'm not sure how long it will be until I truly settle down and have a place of my own. I am also sadly not quite as invested in them as I used to be (although I adore them). Mostly it's the moving thing though, it's really not fair to them. I will probably have crabs later down the road, but for my life right now it's not the best idea. It's breaking my heart, but I know it's the right thing to do.

So here's the thing: I have 6 crabs, all varying sizes from sizable large (not quite jumbo) to a small. There are 5 PPs and 1 E. I do have a 40G breeder setup for them and that could potentially go with, along with all of their supplies, but of course it depends on if the person needs it. These are very well established and cared for crabs, and I've had them for several years. I've had egg clutches (never hatched of course) and they all get along very well. I live in the Richmond, VA area and I can discuss pickup and/or meetup within a reasonable distance if a good home is offered. I will NOT ship them. Shoot me a PM if you are interested!
Follow me on my crab blog! Hermit Harbor

The 6 PPs of The Harbor: Ama (♀), Nora (♀), Neptune (♂), Lir (♂), Allie (♀), Bongo (♂)
The 2 E's of The Fiefdom: Nami (♀), Unnamed (♀)