8 crabs needing a home | Naperville, IL

Please create a new topic about your hermit crab(s) needing rehomed. Topic titles must start with city and state.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Topic author
sinsurrection

Post by sinsurrection » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:59 am

Hey! My name is Angela, & Long story short, I'm moving within the next year and I have many other critters to move around, and unfortunately have to leave these guys behind :( I love them all very dearly and I'm posting so early on in the moving process because I want them to go to the perfect home. I'm not charging a rehoming fee so all of this is completely free - what matters most is that they go to a good home.
Location: Right around Naperville, IL! I'm willing to travel about an hour in any direction, but I require a public meeting place rather than giving out an address. I would prefer not to ship them.
Crab Details: 8 PPs, I think they'd fall into the teeny or small category, with a little bit of variety.
Supplies included: 40 Gallon setup, comes with everything you see including the lights! There are springtails, but they are harmless.
Image Image Image
(Yes my humidity is low because I just misted before taking the pic lol)
I also have a ton more growing shells, extra food (freeze dried insects, fruit & nut powder, coconut treat, along with these, mine absolutely adore peanut butter, greens, carrots & mango! Those aren't included, that's just me talking aimlessly) and a bit of Instant Ocean that I have left. There's some insulation on the top of the tank which was used to trap humidity.
*Edit: I just remembered what I was forgetting: you would need to get your own substrate, as I need to empty the tank and clean it before moving it - it's due for a deep clean & substrate change anyways.
Please drop me an email if you're interested or if you have questions! It's sinsurrection[at]gmail[dot]com.

AgentK25

Re: 8 crabs needing a home | Naperville, IL

Post by AgentK25 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:34 am

Hi there! I think your crabs might be a good fit for my setup. I have my Open Home for adoption post listed over on the IA,MN,WI ADOPTORS thread if you want to know more about me.
Devoted Mom to 1 macaw, 2 dogs, 3 cats, and 14 PPs

nicolebaginski4

Post by nicolebaginski4 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:30 pm

My rescue would be interested in taking them in!
my many animal babies include lots of fish, a dog, 3 hermit crabs, and a tortoise :) .