Austin, Texas jumbo crab needs home

Please create a new topic about your hermit crab(s) needing rehomed. Topic titles must start with city and state.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Post Reply

Topic author
TXcrabby022
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:05 pm

Austin, Texas jumbo crab needs home

Post by TXcrabby022 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:57 pm

One lonely jumbo PP looking for a new family. We adopted him into our crab family a few years ago and now he's our only crab. He needs friends but we are not ready to adopt more. I'd love to find him a home in which he's loved and appreciated and has plenty of buddies. He's in a 55-gallon tank that I'm happy to pass on to his new home, plus lots of supplies and excellent dry food. If necessary I'd be willing to ship, but would prefer to avoid it. I'm willing to travel within central/southeast Texas (Austin, San Antonio, Houston areas).

User avatar

soilentgringa
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 4276
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:18 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: Austin, Texas jumbo crab needs home

Post by soilentgringa » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:56 pm

TXcrabby022 wrote:One lonely jumbo PP looking for a new family. We adopted him into our crab family a few years ago and now he's our only crab. He needs friends but we are not ready to adopt more. I'd love to find him a home in which he's loved and appreciated and has plenty of buddies. He's in a 55-gallon tank that I'm happy to pass on to his new home, plus lots of supplies and excellent dry food. If necessary I'd be willing to ship, but would prefer to avoid it. I'm willing to travel within central/southeast Texas (Austin, San Antonio, Houston areas).

I’m in Dallas and if you can give me a couple of weeks to plan I’m willing to meet halfway.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Topic author
TXcrabby022
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:05 pm

Re: Austin, Texas jumbo crab needs home

Post by TXcrabby022 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:01 pm

Yay! Thanks! I've replied to Ciara in Lake Charles already but I'll be in touch if that doesn't work out.
Last edited by TXcrabby022 on Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar

soilentgringa
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 4276
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:18 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: Austin, Texas jumbo crab needs home

Post by soilentgringa » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:05 pm

TXcrabby022 wrote:Yay! Thanks! I've replied to Ciara in Lake Charles already and that might be an easier trip, as I go to Houston regularly for work, but if it is ok with you I'll be in touch if that doesn't work out. You're my first choice, but I saw her message first. ;)
Ciara Alston? She posted looking to rehome her crabs recently so I wasn’t aware that she was taking any more.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar

RiNiKy506
Posts: 663
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:08 pm

Re: Austin, Texas jumbo crab needs home

Post by RiNiKy506 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:20 pm

soilentgringa wrote: Ciara Alston? She posted looking to rehome her crabs recently so I wasn’t aware that she was taking any more.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She just posted about getting a new 80gal. I don’t think she’s rehoming hers, they just moved.


Rod♡Salty♡Bob♡Squirt♡Crabina♡Who
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers <-♡-«
Rod♡Salty♡Bob♡Squirt♡Crabina♡Who
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers <-♡-«

User avatar

soilentgringa
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 4276
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:18 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: Austin, Texas jumbo crab needs home

Post by soilentgringa » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:31 pm

RiNiKy506 wrote: She just posted about getting a new 80gal. I don’t think she’s rehoming hers, they just moved.


Rod♡Salty♡Bob♡Squirt♡Crabina♡Who
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers <-♡-«
It was a Facebook post on our HCA Talk page but now the post has disappeared so Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar

RiNiKy506
Posts: 663
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:08 pm

Re: Austin, Texas jumbo crab needs home

Post by RiNiKy506 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:33 pm

soilentgringa wrote: It was a Facebook post on our HCA Talk page but now the post has disappeared so Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh, I’m sorry. She had a post on here about a 80gal. I don’t check the HCA talk page often.


Rod♡Salty♡Bob♡Squirt♡Crabina♡Who
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers <-♡-«
Rod♡Salty♡Bob♡Squirt♡Crabina♡Who
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers <-♡-«

User avatar

soilentgringa
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 4276
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:18 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: Austin, Texas jumbo crab needs home

Post by soilentgringa » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:17 pm

RiNiKy506 wrote: Oh, I’m sorry. She had a post on here about a 80gal. I don’t check the HCA talk page often.


Rod♡Salty♡Bob♡Squirt♡Crabina♡Who
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers <-♡-«
Oh I could totally be wrong and she could have changed her mind!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar

purplepincher
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:07 pm
Location: Topeka, Kansas

Re: Austin, Texas jumbo crab needs home

Post by purplepincher » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:15 am

once, i saw a jumbo strawberry crab at a pet store. his claw was as big as a silver doller! i felt really bad because he had bad conditions at the store, and i was about to start thinking about adopting him, when my dad looked at him, then at me, and said, "no. dont even think about it. your mother would kill me. then the crab." obviosly, he was exaggerating, but i know i will never be able to get one of those crabs, at least untill i am out of the house!
I love my little Acorn! #besthermitcrabever


Nekol4twenty
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:08 pm
Location: Austin

Re: Austin, Texas jumbo crab needs home

Post by Nekol4twenty » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:10 pm

I'm located in Austin and would love to adopt this one if he is still available.

Post Reply