Hermit Crab in Need of Home in Austin TX

Please create a new topic about your hermit crab(s) needing rehomed. Topic titles must start with city and state.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Topic author
sspiller79

Hermit Crab in Need of Home in Austin TX

Post by sspiller79 » Wed May 01, 2019 9:06 am

I have had a hermit crab (Sebastian) for four years now and am no longer able to care for him/her. I do not want to release it and do not want to give it to a pet store. HELP

soilentgringa

Re: Hermit Crab in Need of Home in Austin TX

Post by soilentgringa » Wed May 01, 2019 1:23 pm

sspiller79 wrote:I have had a hermit crab (Sebastian) for four years now and am no longer able to care for him/her. I do not want to release it and do not want to give it to a pet store. HELP
You can’t release it, they aren’t native to Texas. It wouldn’t survive winter and after they’ve been in captivity the dept. of fish and wildlife advises against it in order to prevent any possible transmission of parasites or disease vectors to local animals.

Purple pinchers (most commonly sold in the U.S.) are from the Caribbean.

I’m in Dallas and it would take some scheduling but if you can’t find a home for it within the next couple of weeks I’m happy to meet halfway or just come down when I visit friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

singingcricket

Post by singingcricket » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:33 pm

Hi, I am willing to come to you to pick up your crab. I am located in Houston, where my husband and I have been crabbing for 11 years. Please let us know if the crab is still up for adoption.

TrippMachine

Post by TrippMachine » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:56 pm

I'm looking for more family members for my two babys if you're still looking for a home let me know :)