2 PP needing new home in Alexandria, VA

Please create a new topic about your hermit crab(s) needing rehomed. Topic titles must start with city and state.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Topic author
kiley_arthur

2 PP needing new home in Alexandria, VA

Post by kiley_arthur » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:57 pm

I recently sent my son to ocean city with my sister and he came back with two crabs in a small plastic container. We are not equipped to take care of them properly. I am willing to drive 30 miles. I’m willing to ship. I would love to do the right thing by these crabbies. My son just loves them. Help!

Kiley_arthur@hotmail.com

Sryself

Re: 2 PP needing new home in Alexandria, VA

Post by Sryself » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:25 pm

Hi there I came to this site because I’m willing to adopt Hermit Crabs. My daughter has a crab that is now 2 years old and he’s alone. We went to the beach and she begged for a new crab but I refused until I could see if such a place existed online. I saw your post and registered. I can send pics of “Franky” if you would like to see his habitats. We would like to see if you would let us adopt your guys if you are willing to ship to Alabama.

Thanks,
Sabrina Self

Topic author
kiley_arthur

Post by kiley_arthur » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:32 am

I am willing. I am off of work on Tuesday and Wednesday this week and can get to to the post office. Can we switch to email because honestly I am pretty slow trying to log in to this website.

kiley_arthur@hotmail.com

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:03 pm

It's not recommended to ship the crabs. It can become too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. That's what I've read on here.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Topic author
kiley_arthur

Post by kiley_arthur » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:33 pm

I still have these hermit crabs available. I’m happy to hang on to them until the temperature is right for shipping. But they do still need a home.

JenniferRallison

Post by JenniferRallison » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:56 pm

I’m interested in them as well if your willing to ship. I have a wonderful community tank that as two little ones that could use some buddies! Let me know if you would like to work something out!