Adoption. 1 hermit crab looking for a new home NYC

Please create a new topic about your hermit crab(s) needing rehomed. Topic titles must start with city and state.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Topic author
Meganbrothers

Re: Adoption. 1 hermit crab looking for a new home NYC

Post by Meganbrothers » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:54 am

My hermit crab is lonely and I am looking for a new home, hopefully with a few hermit crab friends. I have a full tank set up with house, climbing toy, water bowls, shell, thermometer etc.

Badmouse

Post by Badmouse » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:53 pm

Hello,

I hope this message finds you well. Whereabout in NYC are you? Are you signed up with the HCA/ Crabstreet Hermit crab adoptions? Just wondering if you're on the adoptee list (I'm looking to adopt singular crabs I currently have two) I'm in Orange County NY and am currently trying to adopt through them from Rye, NY down to Long Island, through to Staten Island and I think central Jersey.

How big is your crab? Where did you get it from and when? What kind of hermit crab? Are you willing to travel at all to meet for adoption? Do you have a picture of the crab and its crabitat? Looking forward to hearing back from you! Best regards
Joked about being a crazy cat lady..
Turns out it’s crazy crab AND cat lady
2 PPs Captain Lee (the stud of the sea) & New Adoptee "Kyle" to be renamed
In the process of adopting 4 more
3 cat babies
RIP Unamed PP😔
Fell deep into this hermit crab hole and I’m not coming back

Topic author
Meganbrothers

Post by Meganbrothers » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:12 pm

Hi, we have had our crab for three years, he is in a 1 1/2” shell at the moment. We bought him from pet smart. link does not seem to work for photos. I am not on the adoption list but I would like to be. We live in nyc.

Badmouse

Post by Badmouse » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:52 pm

I could probably take this crab off your hands as I'm looking to adopt more. What borough are you in? (Just wanted to mention because I'm not sure how old you are but if you're under 18 please ask a parent to help you can private message me more details I don't want any of your information public and I don't think the administration allows that kind of info on public posts)

I have possible adoptions out in Long Island and one in Staten Island. I live about an hour from Manhattan and I'm willing to travel for an adoption. Just adopted one in by white plains

Thanks!
Joked about being a crazy cat lady..
Turns out it’s crazy crab AND cat lady
2 PPs Captain Lee (the stud of the sea) & New Adoptee "Kyle" to be renamed
In the process of adopting 4 more
3 cat babies
RIP Unamed PP😔
Fell deep into this hermit crab hole and I’m not coming back