DALLAS, TX 2 ECUADORIANS NEED HOME

Please create a new topic about your hermit crab(s) needing rehomed. Topic titles must start with city and state.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Topic author
bigcrabbytexan

DALLAS, TX 2 ECUADORIANS NEED HOME

Post by bigcrabbytexan » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:20 pm

I am located near Dallas, Texas, and am willing to travel up to 30 or so miles, preferably at an appropriate halfway point between the adopter and myself. I will not ship, it’s too risky even if it might be easier.

The crabs are two small ecuadorians, about the size of a ping pong ball. I have had them for nearly a year, and they’ve molted several times since then with no obvious issues. It is an adoption including the crabs, and some extra shells for ecuadorians. They really need to find a better home as I do not have the time to maintain them anymore.

If you are interested in adopting them, please send me a private message here and we can decide a meetup spot. Because of COVID-19, we will not interact in person, instead the crabs will be inside of a container with substrate which I will leave outside for you to pick up and take.

Thanks!
Last edited by bigcrabbytexan on Mon May 04, 2020 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hermitsrus1966

Re: 2 Ecuadorians Needing a Home (Dallas, TX)

Post by hermitsrus1966 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:25 am

Hey, I am in Wisconsin. Already have many extra E shells and would be extremely happy to give them a home. I am not able to drive to Texas therefore you would have to ship. I know you do not want to ship, but I am willing to take them. Just wanted to let you know if an emergency came up or something.

Topic author
bigcrabbytexan

Post by bigcrabbytexan » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:48 pm

hermitsrus1966 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:25 am
Hey, I am in Wisconsin. Already have many extra E shells and would be extremely happy to give them a home. I am not able to drive to Texas therefore you would have to ship. I know you do not want to ship, but I am willing to take them. Just wanted to let you know if an emergency came up or something.
I would need to look a bit further into shipping before I can confirm, let me get back to you.

hermitsrus1966

Post by hermitsrus1966 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:14 pm

bigcrabbytexan wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:48 pm
I would need to look a bit further into shipping before I can confirm, let me get back to you.
Alright. Also I would like to mention in Wisconsin our temps our much above freezing now. Shipping wise it would have to be overnight and there will have to be like a heat pad or some heat source. I already have some shells for E's though will take yours too just because I am not sure if mine would fit your E's. I might be willing to help pay shipping as well. :D :)

Topic author
bigcrabbytexan

Post by bigcrabbytexan » Sun May 03, 2020 12:47 pm

hermitsrus1966 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:14 pm
Alright. Also I would like to mention in Wisconsin our temps our much above freezing now. Shipping wise it would have to be overnight and there will have to be like a heat pad or some heat source. I already have some shells for E's though will take yours too just because I am not sure if mine would fit your E's. I might be willing to help pay shipping as well. :D :)
I have looked into it some more, and unfortunately, I am going to have to tell you that I cannot ship any crabs at this time. The temperatures here in my area are well into the upper 80s even reaching 90 at some points. I fear that this is too hot for them and there is a higher risk of something going wrong, especially with the fact that some mail operations have slowed down due to the pandemic.

If anyone else is reading this thread, the hermit crabs are still available and I am open to being contacted if you are interested.

hermitsrus1966

Post by hermitsrus1966 » Mon May 04, 2020 11:47 am

bigcrabbytexan wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 12:47 pm
I have looked into it some more, and unfortunately, I am going to have to tell you that I cannot ship any crabs at this time. The temperatures here in my area are well into the upper 80s even reaching 90 at some points. I fear that this is too hot for them and there is a higher risk of something going wrong, especially with the fact that some mail operations have slowed down due to the pandemic.

If anyone else is reading this thread, the hermit crabs are still available and I am open to being contacted if you are interested.
Ok. That is fine. I hope you find a good home for them. Thank you though! :D

ChelseaCakes

Re: DALLAS, TX 2 ECUADORIANS NEED HOME

Post by ChelseaCakes » Tue May 05, 2020 12:26 am

I’m in Dallas and have a habitat for them. Sent you a pm