Tyler Texas area-

Please create a new topic about your hermit crab(s) needing rehomed. Topic titles must start with city and state.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Topic author
Shells13

Tyler Texas area-

Post by Shells13 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:16 am

So, in September 2019 we purchased 4 crabs for our homeschooled kids to learn about stuff (Galveston, I know, bad idea...) with the intent of saving them from the shop. 1 died within a week. One went down within the month, by the 3rd month all 3 were down. So far: 2 surfaced 1 time since then but only a day or two then back down. The biggest has surfaced twice more...one of those recently (may25-may28), for couple of days then back down. Unfortunately, I have become unable to continually keep the tank maintained lately because I am not sure the other two are alive or not. I don’t know where they are under the sub and don’t want to disturb them. I’ve poked around the whole tank very carefully and have been unable to locate one. The other (the one that surfaced 1 time, smallest) moved when I touched it so I didn’t want to try anymore. I’m sure this most recent surfaced one is alive and i hate that it is alone each time it surfaces. I’m hoping to find him or her a better home with more friends. It seems happy when it comes up for a day but then it sits in a corner honestly makes me depressed because it looks so depressed and lonely. If shipping is possible I may consider. Or I am Willing to meet along i20 from Terrell to Hallsville Texas area so I can just give whoever the whole tank.

jennaleigha

Tyler Texas area-

Post by jennaleigha » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:56 pm

[mention]Shells13 [/mention] I’d love to help out and add him/her to my crab pack! If you are comfortable shipping we could definitely do that. UPS is “Next Day” between our areas, as long as he’s shipped Monday-Thursday, and we would need to discuss packaging so that the heat is not too extreme. Alternatively, if you are ever in the San Antonio area, or would be able to coordinate something such as meeting half way, I could do that as well.

I have 3 Medium hermits that I’ve had for a little over 8yrs. I recently rescued a “tiny” hermit, who is in isolation waiting to be added in with my original 3, and two jumbo hermits, who have their own terrarium. I work from home and have plenty of time, and the experience, to provide him/her with excellent care.

I can provide pics of my crabs and tanks if you are interested. : )

Thanks,
Jenna

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Tyler Texas area-

Post by GotButterflies » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:38 pm

shipping isn't recommended in hot or cold weather.

If shipping is the only option - overnight shipping with pick up is your best route. This way the hermit stays in a semi climate controlled environment instead of driving around in a hot truck.
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

jennaleigha

Re: Tyler Texas area-

Post by jennaleigha » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:36 pm

GotButterflies wrote:shipping isn't recommended in hot or cold weather.

If shipping is the only option - overnight shipping with pick up is your best route. This way the hermit stays in a semi climate controlled environment instead of driving around in a hot truck.
Thanks for the information! Hoping [mention]Shells13 [/mention]answers and we can arrange meeting halfway for pickup. Only about 4hrs from each other, give or take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk