Houston TX - Medium Crab needs a Home :)

Please create a new topic about your hermit crab(s) needing rehomed. Topic titles must start with city and state.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Topic author
cmajorflat7

Houston TX - Medium Crab needs a Home :)

Post by cmajorflat7 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:56 pm

Hey all - I've been taking care of two hermit crabs gifted to me by a grandparent for about 10 years now, and one of them has just passed. I was just an 8 year old when I got them and was totally ignorant of how cruel pet shops can be, but I've done my absolute best to meet their needs. Now, I just feel terrible keeping one alone when they are very social creatures. On top of that, I'm about to start my first semester of college and don't really have the resources to keep taking dedicated care of him. I want to make sure he gets proper physical and mental care, so I was wondering if anyone in the Houston area is very experienced with hermit crabs and would be willing to adopt him or knows of a location I could take him to.

How Far Will You Travel?: 1 Days Drive
Would You Be Willing to Ship?: No
Number of Crabs, Size of The Crabs, and Species If Known: 1 Crab, Medium (?), Unknown
Supplies and Tank That Are Included (If Any): I would be willing to include my crabitat if interested
Adoption or Supply Fee Being Asked (If Any): N/a

Feel free to send me an email at cmajor7sharp9[at]gmail.com

Thanks for the read :)

singingcricket

Re: Houston TX - Medium Crab needs a Home :)

Post by singingcricket » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:12 pm

Hi, I tried to send an email at the address above, but it was returned twice. Wanted to let you know that my husband and I would be happy to adopt your crab. We have three crabs we've had for ~ 12 years and recently (January) adopted a 4th. We're located in Houston. Happy to chat more or provide more information.