Central Ohio- 3 crabs needing a home!

Please create a new topic about your hermit crab(s) needing rehomed. Topic titles must start with city and state.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Topic author
Hermitcrab3

Central Ohio- 3 crabs needing a home!

Post by Hermitcrab3 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:20 pm

Hello,

We are in the central Ohio area and have 3 hermit crabs that need a new home. We currently have them in a 10 gallon tank acclimating them to their new life. We are following the crab street journal acclimation method. We didn’t realize the amount of care these little guys need when purchasing and for personal reasons cannot care for them the way they deserve to be cared for. We have 2 smallish crabs and one medium/large. They seem to do well living together.

We will drive pretty much anywhere in Ohio to meet someone. They will come with a ton of shells for them to grow into (probably close to 2 dozen purchased from amazon and Etsy). A brick of eco earth, a fake plant for the crabitat, a rope net for a bigger crabitat, a large shell for feeding dish, a little pooper scooper that will sift sand, digital and analog temp/humidity gauges, and anything else we have already purchased for them. The 10 gallon tank does not come with the crabs. I’m afraid the bigger crab is in a shell that is a little too small so it will probably need a bigger shell soon. They have all transferred out of painted shells into natural shells.

We are not asking for a supply fee! We just want these crabs to go to a good home. Please comment if you are interested! Thank you

Leslie_knope

Re: Central Ohio- 3 crabs needing a home!

Post by Leslie_knope » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:08 am

Hello! We are in Springfield. New to hermit crabs but we've been doing a lot of reading and really want to adopt rather than buy from pet store. Email me if possible but I will do my best to check back here regularly.
benjalo @ Gmail. Com

Topic author
Hermitcrab3

Re: Central Ohio- 3 crabs needing a home!

Post by Hermitcrab3 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:50 pm

:crabbigsmile: These hermies have been adopted to a great home and are no longer available!!