Canadian adopters

List of local adopters by state. If you would like to adopt through the HCA, please add a new post to your state's topic.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Topic author
HCA Adoptions

Canadian adopters

Post by HCA Adoptions » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:46 am

Canadian Adoptions
If you are looking to adopt hermit crabs, please make a small “want ad” here!

Read through this before posting:
[For Members Who Wish To Adopt:]

You must include your general location and how far you are willing to travel. If you are willing to pay for shipping, that would be a good thing to know as well. You should write about your experience with hermit crabs, your enclosure, and anything else you think an owner looking to rehome should know so that they choose you as their crabs’ new home. Remember to list how you would like owners and the Adoption Coordinator to contact you if PMs are not your first choice. Thank you!
Last edited by HCA Adoptions on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated
Please PM the HCA Adoptions account if you are interested in a listed adoption or have questions about our adoption program.

gunstreet.girl

Re: Canadian adopters

Post by gunstreet.girl » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:40 am

GATINEAU, QC

Hiya! Located in Gatineau, QC (just across the bridge from downtown Ottawa). Currently have 6-8 small to extra large PP dudes living in a 55G ExoTerra +24G topper, all rescues/surrenders taken in over the last 8 or so years.

Willing to take in small/medium hermies locally (currently without a vehicle, but willing to rent a car to travel a bit if it's a desperate situation).

LAST UPDATED: 06/27/18
Last edited by gunstreet.girl on Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyJinglyJones

Post by LadyJinglyJones » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:49 pm

TORONTO, ONTARIO.

I've kept PPs for a little over a year now.

If you're nearby and need to rehome your crabs ASAP, PM me. I have 8 crabs (all secondhand crabs) in a 90 gal currently & can set up a 20 gal (short term housing) quickly for needy crabs.

I don't have a vehicle at my disposal, so I'm limited to places accessible via the glorious TTC (i.e. Scarborough, N. York & Etobicoke are doable... but Vaughn or deep Mississauga are harder for me to get to, and you'd have to meet me half way.)

If I can't keep them myself longterm, I may be able to help find someone who can.

PM any questions about tank setup & cetera.

Cheers!

Ps - sadly, I can not take in marine hermits - I don't have the equipment for a saltwater set up. :(

LAST UPDATED: 2018
"Gaze upon the rolling deep..."
Quince the fat tailed gecko; Amazonian minnows; and now Harry & Luis, Bede & Aster, Chandra & Jace, Pax, & Piccolo, my adopted PPs.
RIP Vegita :(

Teddscau

Post by Teddscau » Sun May 13, 2018 8:11 pm

KAWARTHA LAKES, ONTARIO

WILLING TO ADOPT MARINE AND LAND HERMIT CRABS

I'm willing to drive at least two hours to pick up hermit crabs. I'm looking to adopt marine (aquatic) hermit crabs (scarlet, blue legged, Halloween, zebra, etc.). I have a 90g, predator-free reef tank. I currently have 5 scarlet hermit crabs and a Halloween hermit crab. They're all extremely peaceful. I have a number of spare shells in the tank, and I also provide them with food (not just leftover scraps). The tank is fully mature, and I've kept terrestrial hermit crabs for two years now. Please PM me :).

LAST UPDATED: 05/13/18

cencus121

Post by cencus121 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:44 am

CALGARY

I live in Calgary AB and I'm willing to travel is far as Aridrie how ever I my travel further if needed. I'm also willing to pay for shipping as well if needed.

All sizes and quantities of land hermit crabs are welcome. (including any sick or injured crabs)
I have a 120 gallon tank with a foot of substrate, deep pools, tons of climbing and hiding places, all environmental needs are accounted for. I've been caring for these guys for a little over two years now.
I do use some live plants however I have made sure that they are crab safe.

If you have any questions, concerns or matters involving please adoption please contact me at cencus121 at gmail.com and I will Respond as soon as possible

LAST UPDATED: 08/30/18

hermionethecrab

Post by hermionethecrab » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:07 am

MONTREAL

Hi

In Montreal, could travel to pick up a crab. Looking to adopt another crab. Around 1.5 yrs experience with them.

Thanks!

LAST UPDATED: 10/10/18

nobodystentacle

Post by nobodystentacle » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

LANGLEY, BC

hey i live in langley,bc im looking for ruggies but any that arent pp are welcome. cant travel very far as i have no car but can pay shipping

LAST UPDATED: 11/08/18

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:09 pm

BOISSEVAIN, MANITOBA

How Far Can You Travel?:
Within Southwestern Manitoba, possibly to Winnipeg and surrounding area, depending on the time of year

Size of Tanks, Number of Crabs, and Species:
55 gallon tank, have two crabs, both PP's

How Long Have You Been Crabbing?:
10 years

What You Are Able to Adopt?:
Other PP's

I Would Like to Be Contacted via Email or PM:
PM on this site please

LAST UPDATED: 11/2022
Last edited by curlysister on Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Scarletfire

Post by Scarletfire » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:07 pm

RICHMOND HILL, ON

How Far Can You Travel?: 100 km (farther if there is urgency)

Size of Tanks, Number of Crabs, and Species: 100 gallons currently 8 PP ranging from small to jumbo

How Long Have You Been Crabbing?: I started researching and building my crabitat since Apr 2019

What You Are Able to Adopt?: Any right now, preferably smaller.

I Would Like to Be Contacted via Email or PM: PM on this site please. I check the forum regularly through Tapatalk

LAST UPDATED: 01/04/2021

Last edited by Scarletfire on Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.

22pony22

Post by 22pony22 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:46 pm

LONDON, ONTARIO

Location (nearest large city, state, country): London, Ontario
How Far Can You Travel?: Prefer within my city.
Size of Tanks, Number of Crabs, and Species: I have one 10 gallon tank. I currently have one crab that's not doing well :(. Purple Pincher
How Long Have You Been Crabbing?: August 2019
What You Are Able to Adopt?: Purple Pinchers
I Would Like to Be Contacted By - Email - or - PM - . PM
This Posting Was Last Verified On: Jan 2020

LAST UPDATED: 01/04/20
22pony22
Current pets: Happy, Crabcake, Blue and Becca.
RIP: Peaches, Fred, Fishy, Goldie, Buddy, Hero, Nemo, Star, Aqua, Indy, King T. Hermy, Frogi, Grog, Yggorf, #4, Dude, Shelli and Bashful.

Hermielover121

Canadian adopters

Post by Hermielover121 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:33 am

Surrey-BC

I would like to stay inside the greater Vancouver area.

I have 4 pps in a custom 79 gallon tank with nice water pools and lots of substrate and enrichment. I also have some other extra tanks laying around if needed.

I would want only one or two but I can accommodate if necessary.

I have been crabbing since January 2020 but all my care is correct to the care guides here. I have never lost a crab and my crabs have been very healthy from when I first got them.

I would like to be contacted by-PM

LAST UPDATE: 09/05/2021
Last edited by Hermielover121 on Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crabsincanada

Post by Crabsincanada » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:47 am

WINNIPEG, MANITOBA

I’m located in Winnipeg, Manitoba and have kept crabs for 20 years. I have a 55 gallon tank and a 50 gallon tank.
I’m interesting in adopting any species of hermit crabs.
I’m will to meet up within my city. Please contact me through pm or email

LAST UPDATED: 10/03/20