Donations

Please Help us out by donating!

Your contribution help pay for hosting and other site maintenance!

Sub Menu
Search

Canadian adopters

List of local adopters by state. If you would like to adopt through the HCA, please add a new post to your state's topic.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Moderators (Senior), Moderators (Junior), Moderators (Standard)

Canadian adopters

PostAuthor: HCA Adoptions » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:46 am

Canadian Adoptions
If you are looking to adopt hermit crabs, please make a small “want ad” here!

Read through this before posting:
[For Members Who Wish To Adopt:]

You must include your general location and how far you are willing to travel. If you are willing to pay for shipping, that would be a good thing to know as well. You should write about your experience with hermit crabs, your enclosure, and anything else you think an owner looking to rehome should know so that they choose you as their crabs’ new home. Remember to list how you would like owners and the Adoption Coordinator to contact you if PMs are not your first choice. Thank you!
Last edited by HCA Adoptions on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated
Please PM the HCA Adoptions account if you are interested in a listed adoption or have questions about our adoption program.
HCA Adoptions

Re: Canadian adopters

PostAuthor: gunstreet.girl » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:40 am

Hiya! Located in Gatineau, QC (just across the bridge from downtown Ottawa). Currently have 5 medium-large to extra large PP dudes living in a 65G Exo, all rescues taken in over the last 7 or so years. Planning to either build a topper this summer/fall or upgrade to a larger tank. Willing to take in small/medium hermies locally (currently without a vehicle, but willing to rent a car to travel a bit if it's a desperate situation).

gunstreet.girl

PostAuthor: Crabbycammy » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:20 pm

I'm in Surrey BC. I'm still pretty new at hermit crabs, but due to everything I've been resurching I've decided to start taking in other hermits. I have been taking in a few I've the last few months, and I have even paid to save the ones that look really rough from my local pet smart. I've made a few post on craigslist and Kijiji to inform people more about these poor critters. I've always had crustations. I have one 55gal set up right now but in the process of building a much bigger habbitat. I have several other 55gal tanks to set up if needed. I currently have 4 pp and 2 e crabs. If any out in my area need a home I will take them, and can provide them a variety of organic food, I keep them at 80% (+ sometimes when I extra mist) humidity and the temperature is 75-80. Lots to climb on go under, they have 8 in of sand coconut husk mix. And we don't spray toxicins in the air. I love these little guys and big guys, and if your looking for a new home my door is open, and I can give them what they need. And i don't pester the ones that aren't ready, I have about 2 of my 7 that love to come out and visit, the others still duck when I look at them or cherp loudly so I just leave them so they can warm up to me on their own terms. I can pick in the lower mainland. I haven't seen any type of rescue here but lots of hermit crabs so ive opened my door.

Crabbycammy

PostAuthor: LadyJinglyJones » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:49 pm

I live in downtown Toronto, Ontario.

I've kept PPs for a little over a year now.

If you're nearby and need to rehome your crabs ASAP, PM me. I have 8 crabs (all secondhand crabs) in a 90 gal currently & can set up a 20 gal (short term housing) quickly for needy crabs.

I don't have a vehicle at my disposal, so I'm limited to places accessible via the glorious TTC (i.e. Scarborough, N. York & Etobicoke are doable... but Vaughn or deep Mississauga are harder for me to get to, and you'd have to meet me half way.)

If I can't keep them myself longterm, I may be able to help find someone who can.

PM any questions about tank setup & cetera.

Cheers!

Ps - sadly, I can not take in marine hermits - I don't have the equipment for a saltwater set up. :(
"Gaze upon the rolling deep..."
Quince the fat tailed gecko; Amazonian minnows; and now Harry & Luis, Bede & Aster, Chandra & Jace, Pax, & Piccolo, my adopted PPs.
RIP Vegita :(
LadyJinglyJones
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

PostAuthor: summerlandab » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:12 am

Okanagan and Interior BC. Accepting hermits looking to relocate. Large tank probably getting larger and plenty of real food and a large selection of shells to try on for size and comfort.

summerlandab

PostAuthor: Teddscau » Sun May 13, 2018 8:11 pm

Hi, I live in the Kawartha Lakes, Ontario. I'm willing to drive at least two hours to pick up hermit crabs. I'm looking to adopt marine (aquatic) hermit crabs (scarlet, blue legged, Halloween, zebra, etc.). I have a 90g, predator-free reef tank. I currently have 5 scarlet hermit crabs and a Halloween hermit crab. They're all extremely peaceful. I have a number of spare shells in the tank, and I also provide them with food (not just leftover scraps). The tank is fully mature, and I've kept terrestrial hermit crabs for two years now. Please PM me :).

Teddscau

Return to Local Adopters