CT, MA, ME, NH, NY, RI, VT Adopters

List of local adopters by state. If you would like to adopt through the HCA, please add a new post to your state's topic.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Topic author
HCA Adoptions

Post by HCA Adoptions » Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:21 pm

Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont Adopters
If you are looking to adopt hermit crabs, please make a small “want ad” here!

Read through this before posting:
[For Members Who Wish To Adopt:]

You must include your general location and how far you are willing to travel. If you are willing to pay for shipping, that would be a good thing to know as well. You should write about your experience with hermit crabs, your enclosure, and anything else you think an owner looking to rehome should know so that they choose you as their crabs’ new home. Remember to list how you would like owners and the Adoption Coordinator to contact you if PMs are not your first choice. Thank you!
Last edited by HCA Adoptions on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Updated
Please PM the HCA Adoptions account if you are interested in a listed adoption or have questions about our adoption program.

jwlanz

Re: CT, MA, ME, NH, NY, RI, VT Adopters

Post by jwlanz » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:41 am

Quaker Hill, CT (New London area)

We are a family of four who are excited to become hermit crab owners! As a family, we have done lots of research into what it takes to care for hermit crabs and are ready to welcome hermit crabs into our home. We are looking for 2 or more hermit crabs and can travel reasonable distances to pick them up. Thanks!

LAST UPDATED: 09/10/18

altricious

Post by altricious » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:11 pm

GLEN'S FALLS, NY

Hi. I currently have room to add a couple more crabs to the menagerie. Willing to travel a reasonable distance.

Thanks

LAST UPDATED: 02/14/19

Jessicabello82795

Post by Jessicabello82795 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:15 pm

RHODE ISLAND

Hello I am interested in taking in some hermit crabs in the Rhode island area have plenty of space for a bunch of little buddies! Can travel up to an hour away! Can also pay shipping if farther away.
I have 2 20 longs and a 55 gallon that can be set up if need be!

LAST UPDATED: 03/27/19

avocadocrabbies

Post by avocadocrabbies » Tue May 26, 2020 3:59 pm

SCARSDALE, NY (Westchester County)

Hi! I currently have four crabbies, three PPs and an Ecuadorian, in a 50gal. Have had them for a little over a year! Willing to drive two hours, max, I can also do meet-in-the-middle pickups. Will accept up to four more additions to the fam!

LAST UPDATED: 5/26/20
Last edited by avocadocrabbies on Tue May 26, 2020 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
four crabbies: Pool Guy, Karen, Hurricane Sandy, Igor- 3 PPs and an E :)

azucenarocha

Post by azucenarocha » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:55 pm

BOSTON, MA

We live in Boston MA and we had two crabs for 8 years. We just lost one, and we need a friend for our remaining crab! I will drive for 1-2 hours, can also meet halfway.

LAST UPDATED: 06/14/20

Sundrop10

Post by Sundrop10 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:22 pm

MANSFIELD, CT

I’m in CT and willing to travel 1-1.5 hours if anyone has crabs in need of a home. I owned my first colony of hermits for 6 years and after a few years off of the hobby, I’ve had my current crabs for a year. I have a 50 gallon tank with a custom background and lots of climbing space. I have 2 medium PPs, 1 small PP, and 2 small Es. :) please PM me if you have any crabs needing a home!!!!

LAST UPDATED: 09/03/20