CT, MA, ME, NH, NY, RI, VT Adopters

List of local adopters by state. If you would like to adopt through the HCA, please add a new post to your state's topic.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Topic author
HCA Adoptions

Post by HCA Adoptions » Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:21 pm

Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont Adopters
If you are looking to adopt hermit crabs, please make a small “want ad” here!

Read through this before posting:
[For Members Who Wish To Adopt:]

You must include your general location and how far you are willing to travel. If you are willing to pay for shipping, that would be a good thing to know as well. You should write about your experience with hermit crabs, your enclosure, and anything else you think an owner looking to rehome should know so that they choose you as their crabs’ new home. Remember to list how you would like owners and the Adoption Coordinator to contact you if PMs are not your first choice. Thank you!
Last edited by HCA Adoptions on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Updated
Please PM the HCA Adoptions account if you are interested in a listed adoption or have questions about our adoption program.

jwlanz

Re: CT, MA, ME, NH, NY, RI, VT Adopters

Post by jwlanz » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:41 am

Quaker Hill, CT (New London area)

We are a family of four who are excited to become hermit crab owners! As a family, we have done lots of research into what it takes to care for hermit crabs and are ready to welcome hermit crabs into our home. We are looking for 2 or more hermit crabs and can travel reasonable distances to pick them up. Thanks!

LAST UPDATED: 09/10/18

altricious

Post by altricious » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:11 pm

GLEN'S FALLS, NY

Hi. I currently have room to add a couple more crabs to the menagerie. Willing to travel a reasonable distance.

Thanks

LAST UPDATED: 02/14/19

Jessicabello82795

Post by Jessicabello82795 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:15 pm

RHODE ISLAND

Hello I am interested in taking in some hermit crabs in the Rhode island area have plenty of space for a bunch of little buddies! Can travel up to an hour away! Can also pay shipping if farther away.
I have 2 20 longs and a 55 gallon that can be set up if need be!

LAST UPDATED: 03/27/19

avocadocrabbies

Post by avocadocrabbies » Tue May 26, 2020 3:59 pm

SCARSDALE, NY (Westchester County)

Hi! I currently have four crabbies, three PPs and an Ecuadorian, in a 50gal. Have had them for a little over a year! Willing to drive two hours, max, I can also do meet-in-the-middle pickups. Will accept up to four more additions to the fam!

LAST UPDATED: 5/26/20
Last edited by avocadocrabbies on Tue May 26, 2020 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
four crabbies: Pool Guy, Karen, Hurricane Sandy, Igor- 3 PPs and an E :)

Sundrop10

Post by Sundrop10 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:22 pm

MANSFIELD, CT

I’m in CT and willing to travel 1-1.5 hours if anyone has crabs in need of a home. I owned my first colony of hermits for 6 years and after a few years off of the hobby, I’ve had my current crabs for a year. I have a 50 gallon tank with a custom background and lots of climbing space. I have 2 medium PPs, 1 small PP, and 2 small Es. :) please PM me if you have any crabs needing a home!!!!

LAST UPDATED: 09/03/20

M0m0ftw0

Jay,MAINE Re: CT, MA, ME, NH, NY, RI, VT Adopters

Post by M0m0ftw0 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:08 pm

MAINE

I am a mom of two boys who have done months worth of research with me and they have finally finished the setup for 2 hermies. We have two 20 gal tanks and lots of love. I have had 4 hermies in the past but this will be my boys first.
We are in maine and can travel this weekend while the kids are visiting family. Im hoping to surprise them!

LAST UPDATED: 11/26/20

Mal

Post by Mal » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:11 am

WINDSOR LOCKS, CT

Hi!! I am looking to rescue any crabs :) i have a 20 gal long tank with one small and one medium purple pincher, i have been a crab mom for about 2 years. Im looking to expand my crab family!!!! You can contact me on Instagram at axolotlmom01 :) I would be willing to pay for shipping

LAST UPDATED 01/26/21
Last edited by Mal on Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hermit-Yote

Post by Hermit-Yote » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:08 pm

SYRACUSE, NY

Location (nearest large city, state, country):
Syracuse NY
How Far Can You Travel?:
2-3 hours
Size of Tanks, Number of Crabs, and Species:
30 gallon (will be setting up an additional 30g*)
4 purple pinchers, 1 indo*
How Long Have You Been Crabbing?:
25+ years!
What You Are Able to Adopt?:
I'm looking for at least one more M/L Indo
I Would Like to Be Contacted By - Email - or - PM - .
PM, please, or comment here. :)
This Posting Was Last Verified On:
March 11th 2021

*My large Indo has gotten big enough that he's bullying my small purples. I want to move him to a separate tank, but I don't want him to get lonely. :(

LAST UPDATED: 03/11/21
"Until we extend our circle of compassion to all living things, humanity will not find peace."
—Albert Schweitzer

Lilblkraincloud

Post by Lilblkraincloud » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:56 am

Jersey City, NJ

Willing to travel about an hour... only pickup in person no ship please

40 gal vertical style tank with lots of digging, climbing, and hiding space... live moss, real wood... sand/substrate combo... Images upon request. My crabs receive fresh veggies/fruits, dried river shrimp, grains, and calcium supplement.

Currently have 2 Ecuadorian (Felicia, 3 yrs and Baby Bella, 2 yrs) and 1 Purple Pincher (Lucy, 2 yrs).

Willing to adopt up to 2 small/med size crabs

Please contact via private message.

LAST UPDATED: 10/21/21
Last edited by Lilblkraincloud on Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

dexie

Post by dexie » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:12 am

LONG ISLAND, NY

Hi. We are a family of 4 looking to adopt 2-3 hermit crabs. We have rescued all of our pets and would love to provide a forever home for hermit crabs seeking a new family. I have done extensive research on their care and have purchased all the safe equipment for them. We live on Long Island. Thanks!

LAST UPDATED: 10/21/21

carrots

Post by carrots » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:31 am

SALEM, MA

Hello! I live right outside Salem, MA and I’m looking for a few crabs. I am in the process of putting together an enclosure that will include a 20gal tank in the hopes of housing about 3 crabs total.

I’m willing to drive up to two hours away or pay for shipping, but since it’s cold out now I will only do overnight shipping (at my cost).

LAST UPDATED: 01/04/22

vienathedruid

Post by vienathedruid » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:15 pm

WORCESTER, MA

Hello there! I live near Worcester, MA and willing to drive up to two hours to pick up hermit crabs. I'd prefer them not to be shipped. I have been a hermit crab mama since I was young, over 30 years. I just moved into my first home and setup a new 75 gallon crabitat waiting for new residents. I have another 55 gallon crabitat with four PPs. One of those PPs will be moving into the 75 gallon as he's been bullying the others. He needs some crabitat mates. I have an array of fresh and dried foods, large salt and fresh water glass containers, moss and shell pits, and plenty of enrichment toys and places for them to climb. I would prefer to be contacted via email at lauren01138 AT yahoo.com, although contacting me on here is fine too. I'd be happy to provide some photos of the new crabitat as well. Thank you so much for considering me.

LAST UPDATED: 01/10/22

element1924

Post by element1924 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:30 pm

LONG ISLAND, NY

Hi! Im new to crabbing and I want to get started right by adopting. I live on LI, NY but I am willing to travel anywhere into NYC (and open to shipping). Please, if you do have any for adoption I am looking for PM, Email (flare706@gmail.com), or Comment on this post to me!

•Location (nearest large city, state, country):
Long Island, New York / NYC
•How Far Can You Travel?:
1- 1.5 hours (and open to shipping)
•Size of Tank:
Im in the process of setting up a 29gal tank!
•How Long Have You Been Crabbing?:
Im very new to this, but have been researching for awhile. I'm here looking for adoption to get started the right way without cutting corners.
•What You Are Able to Adopt?:
Im looking for 2 PP's, 2 E's, or 2 Rug's. (or a mix of those into a pair)
•I Would Like to Be Contacted By:
Please Email me (flare706 AT gmail.com), PM me, or just comment on this post.

LAST UPDATED: 02/12/22

ROSIEonFIRE

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:41 pm

ALBANY, NY

Hello! I am an experienced crabber with room for about 5 crabs, preferrably purple pinchers. I have been keeping hermit crabs for close to 3 years. I currently have a 75 gallon crabitat with 2 purple pinchers and adhere to the HCA care guidelines. I am willing to drive up to 1.5 hours to pick up crabs. I do not require any equipment or supplies but if you you wish to include some supplies let me know. The best way to get in touch is to text me at (NUMBER REMOVED BY ADMIN)

LAST UPDATED: 03/05/22
.Image