NJ, PA Adopters

List of local adopters by state. If you would like to adopt through the HCA, please add a new post to your state's topic.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Shannonkind

New Brunswick, NJ

Post by Shannonkind » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:13 pm

NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ

Several months ago I purchased 2pp for my kids without doing research. Immediately I did the research and now I have a ten gallon tank with eco earth, fresh and salt water, extra shells, and places to hide and climb, in addition to a heat regulated isolation tank with a similar set up. Unfortunately, after waiting fourteen weeks for our new friends to join us, we determined they had not survived.

Technically I am a first time crab owner, but these guys seem to be the perfect pet for my temperament. I am willing to travel up to an hour to ethically obtain two or three new crabs.

Be well. :)

LAST UPDATED: 03/15/20

NancyQ

Re: NJ, PA Adopters

Post by NancyQ » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:16 pm

SOUTHEASTER PA, NORTH OF PHILADELPHIA

Southeaster Pa, north of Philadelphia a bit. A month ago two hermit crabs came home with the kids from the shore. Within a day only one was left. We learned alot, got a 10 g tank and I think the basics. I appreciate all the info on this site. It has been helpful. Now we need some company for "Sandy" and would like to adopt another instead of adding again to the sad trade in wild hermits. I think what we have is a purple pincher, a medium-small size. Willing to travel 1-1 1/2 hours to meet a crab in need of a home.

LAST UPDATED: 09/12/20

PinkyNTwinkie33

Post by PinkyNTwinkie33 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:11 am

SOUTH NJ CLOSE TO PHILA AND DE

Currently live in Southern NJ about 45 minutes away from the shore points, and I am willing to travel the entire state of NJ, as well as up to 2 hours away to a surrounding state (PA,DE,VA,NY,etc).

I have 5 PPs in a 60 gallon, with plenty of room to spare. They have 12” of a 5:1 mix of playsand and EE, large 5x9 inch fw and sw pools with bubblers. Their CRABITAT is full of enrichment, with cork logs, cholla wood, large 2nd floor moss pit, lots of hermit safe plants, coco hides, a hanging coconut filled with moss, and a large shell pit on the 2nd floor that has shells they like to forage through. Also have chia sprouts growing in my tank that they love to walk through and eat! Heat is at 82degrees, dips to 80 at night, and has an 80%humidity that remains stable during the day and night. They are only fed organic, fresh foods, as well as fresh dried food from Hermie’s Kitchen.

I have had my 5 PPs for 5-6 years and they have all molted with me numerous times successfully. I have even had a mass molt where all of them went down at the same, and several molts back to back. I have never had any aggressive behavior or issues in my crabitat. :cheer:

I am willing and able to adopt/re-home up to 4 teeny/micro crabs, 3 small crabs, and 2 medium to large crabs ( my largest is about the size of a golf ball). :crabbigsmile:

If you would like to know more, message me!

LAST UPDATED: 09/26/20
6 PPs -
2 Large: Pinky and Blue
3 Medium/Large: Speedy, Cupid and Tiny
1 Teeny: Totz

1 Cat: Twinkie
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

dprior

Looking to adopt - Jersey Shore

Post by dprior » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:04 am

MANASQUAN, NJ

My siblings and I have had HCs since we were young. Unfortunately they've been split up because my sisters took 2/3 of them to CT. I have a friendly purple pincher here and would love to give him some company. I'm in Manasquan, NJ and willing to travel. I also travel up to Newark area often.

don(dot)prior(dot)3(at)gmail.com

LAST UPDATED: 10/08/20

Beckanai

Post by Beckanai » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:34 am

WILKES-BARRE, PA

Location (nearest large city, state, country): Wilkes-Barre, PA
Is the largest area, but I live in Berwick, PA which is a smaller more rural area.

How Far Can You Travel?: 50 miles
Size of Tanks, Number of Crabs, and Species: I have one 10 gal tank with 5 small and 1 medium/lg Purple Pinchers
How Long Have You Been Crabbing?: Not very long, only a couple months as of today.
What You Are Able to Adopt?: I would only like to help out if someone needs to rehome or it's an emergency, I'm not currently actively looking.
I Would Like to Be Contacted via Email or PM: either way, PM may be easier to be reached.

LAST UPDATED: 10/10/20
New to crabbing an lovin'it!
7 PP's - David, Frank, Bob, Hank, Larry, Eugene 2.0, and Paul 2.0

Trema719

Post by Trema719 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:36 pm

WARRIER RUN, PA

Looking to adopt I have a 55 gallon crabitat and and interested in 3 to 4 small med crabs I currently have 3 I live in PA I'm in the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area willing to travel up to a hr
Theresa

LAST UPDATED: 01/13/21

Lilblkraincloud

Post by Lilblkraincloud » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:20 am

Northern NJ (WEST MILFORD)

Willing to travel about an hour... only pickup in person no ship please

40 gal vertical style tank with lots of digging, climbing, and hiding space... live moss, real wood... sand/substrate combo... Images upon request. My crabs receive fresh veggies/fruits, dried river shrimp, grains, and calcium supplement.

Currently have 2 Ecuadorian (Felicia, 3 yrs and Baby Bella, 2 yrs) and 1 Purple pincher (Lucy, 2 yrs).

Willing to adopt up to 2 small/med size crabs

Please contact via private message.

LAST UPDATED: 10/14/21

myllkti

Post by myllkti » Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:21 pm

JERSEY CITY & NEW BRUNSWICK

Two areas: Jersey City, New Brunswick
How Far Can You Travel?: within the city at Jersey City, up to 20 minutes at New Brunswick (may be less depending on area)
Size of Tanks, Number of Crabs, and Species: 55 gallon, no crabs currently
How Long Have You Been Crabbing?: owned a set of crabs for around 2 years before their passing (1 PPS, 1 molting complications, 1 under someone else's care)
What You Are Able to Adopt?: Purple Pinchers
I Would Like to Be Contacted By - Email - or - PM - please PM me here or on Discord @ahsel's girlfriend#7132

LAST UPDATED: 03/25/2023
Mere, Elie, and Syd!

Started selling hermit food 👀 - https://myheartmadestudio.etsy.com/