MI, OH, IL, IN Adopters

List of local adopters by state. If you would like to adopt through the HCA, please add a new post to your state's topic.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

maranimal530

Re: MI, OH, IL, IN Adopters

Post by maranimal530 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:04 am

MUNDELEIN, IL

Looking to adopt up to 3 more crabs! My boyfriend and I currently have two and would love to add more little guys to our hermie family. We currently have a 10 gallon tank, but I’m looking for a larger one to hold more crabs. We’re in Mundelein, IL and I’d be willing to pay for shipping or drive up to an hour to pick up the crab(s). We love the two little guys we have now and are excited to add more to the family!

LAST UPDATED: 10/25/19

PattyJ4437

Post by PattyJ4437 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:37 pm

CINCINNATI, OHIO/NORTHERN KY/SOUTHEAST INDIANA (TRI STATE AREA)

How Far Can You Travel?: 75 miles
Size of Tanks, Number of Crabs, and Species: 10/20/55gallons 10 purple pinchers-5 small/5 medium
How Long Have You Been Crabbing?: steadily for 2 years
What You Are Able to Adopt?: any species of land hermit crab
I Would Like to Be Contacted By - Email - or - PM - . email please
This Posting Was Last Verified On: 1/27/2020
All crabitats include:
8 inches of play sand and eco earth 5:1 ratio
Heated to 85-90 degrees
Humidity levels are at 85-90 %
Water is salt and distilled fresh in pools deep enough to submerge with bubblers (this helps with humidity levels as well)
Food is all natural diet- fresh fruits/veggies rich in beta carotene/seeds/meal worms/shrimp/egg shells/crushed oyster shells/cuttle bone
Treats are organic peanut butter, pure honey, pureed baby food wheat crackers/coconut/unsalted popcorn
Shell pit - 6 shells for each crab (2 same size and 2 smaller and 2 larger) they love throwing these around hilarious to watch!
Moss pit- also helps with humidity- they love to hang in here
My claw kids are VERY spoiled, very active and thriving I just love them! If I could figure out how to post pics on here, I definitely would! I am very proud of my crab colony.

LAST UPDATED: 01/27/20

megansharp2137

Post by megansharp2137 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:11 am

FINDLAY, OH

Hello there! I have such a big tank for my three crabbies and would like to find them some friends!

Location (nearest large city, state, country): Findlay, OH (between Columbus and Toledo)
How Far Can You Travel?: An hour one way
Size of Tanks, Number of Crabs, and Species: 40 gal breeder with looping vines and a tumbling log, 1 PP 4in, 1 Viola 2 3/4", 1 Pink Indo 2 1/4"
How Long Have You Been Crabbing?: 4 years
What You Are Able to Adopt?: I am not picky on breed, just want to fill my tank up and give some crabbies a good life
I Would Like to Be Contacted via Email or PM: Email preferred megansharp2137 at Yahoo dot com

LAST UPDATED: 04/18/2020

Glittercrab

MICHIGAN

Post by Glittercrab » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:00 pm

CROSWELL, MI

how far you are willing to travel- 1.5 hours

If you are willing to pay for shipping-yes

You should write about your experience with hermit crabs
I've owned them once before and I've done alot of research on them.

your enclosure is a 20 gallon tall with plenty to hide and climb in, over 7 inches of mixed substrate they can burrow in and soon to have a topper on it.

I'm looking for 3 crabs

They will be moved to a bigger tank when full grown.

Please email me b.nicole.maxwell AT gmail.com
Or text (PHONE NUMBER REMOVED BY ADMIN)

LAST UPDATED: 04/27/20

Khutchison3

Post by Khutchison3 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:35 pm

CBUS

Hey there! I've had hermits crabs my whole life (25 years). Ive had my own set up for about 10 years. Ive recently set up a new 30 gallon tank but now I need more babies to fill it! I'm willing to drive up to 45mins away from cbus any direction. I'm willing to take in babies missing arms or legs ect.

LAST UPDATED: 08/02/20