MO, KS, OK, AR Adopters

List of local adopters by state. If you would like to adopt through the HCA, please add a new post to your state's topic.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Topic author
HCA Adoptions

MO, KS, OK, AR Adopters

Post by HCA Adoptions » Tue May 04, 2004 10:54 pm

Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas
If you are looking to adopt hermit crabs, please make a small “want ad” here!

Read through this before posting:
[For Members Who Wish To Adopt:]

You must include your general location and how far you are willing to travel. If you are willing to pay for shipping, that would be a good thing to know as well. You should write about your experience with hermit crabs, your enclosure, and anything else you think an owner looking to rehome should know so that they choose you as their crabs’ new home. Remember to list how you would like owners and the Adoption Coordinator to contact you if PMs are not your first choice. Thank you!
Last edited by HCA Adoptions on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:04 am, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: Updated
Please PM the HCA Adoptions account if you are interested in a listed adoption or have questions about our adoption program.

Whitneylynn1990

Re: MO, KS, OK, AR Adopters

Post by Whitneylynn1990 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:20 am

MISSOURI

Hi I am whitney. I am near Springfield missouri. I have a 75g hermie home and would love to adopt some hermies :)
I currently have 2 molting in my iso hermie home. Please email me at whitneylynn1990 @ gmail.com if you have any hermies you are willing to adopt out. I will travel up to 50 miles or so....

LAST UPDATED: 12/29/18

rml6f4

Post by rml6f4 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:49 pm

EAST-CENTRAL MISSOURI

Hello,

I live in East-Central Missouri (along I-44) and travel to Washington and St. Louis, Missouri regularly.

I have a 90 gallon tank with around 7 crabs, including Purple Pinchers, Ecuadorians, and a Strawberry Crab. I have had hermit crabs since 2014 and even went as far as attempting to raise Strawberry Crab babies at one point. I included a picture of my setup, please see my Instagram account for more pictures (@hermitworld). I have UVB lighting and a hygrotherm that keeps my temperature and humidity pretty much constant.

I’m willing to drive up to an hour, but would consider traveling further for any exotic species. Long shot, but I am particularly interested in finding species buddies for my Strawberry Crab. I’ve had him for over four years at this point.

Please message me on here to contact.

LAST UPDATED: 01/04/20

HermitCrabmomma616

Post by HermitCrabmomma616 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:26 pm

O'FALLON/WENTZVILLE, MISSOURI

Hi I live around O’Fallon/Wentzville area in Missouri I’m willing to drive though I have purple pinchers but I want a new species :) please message me if your willing to adopt out a species other than purple pinchers. I’m looking for tiny/small hermit crabs. I'm willing to drive a reasonable distance please email me @hermitcrabmomma61 AT gmail.com Thankyou :)

LAST UPDATED: 01/25/20
2 golf ball sized pps 1 GSD koda 1 huge oranda goldfish buttercup 1 small fantail goldfish 2 bettas

avidreader4106

Post by avidreader4106 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:10 pm

JOPLIN, MO

Hello, I am looking to adopt hermit crabs. I currently have two ten gallon tanks and a twenty gallon long tank that I would like to add crabs to. I will have room for two crabs at the moment. I have done hours of research on proper crab care and do my best to give them good lives. I have had one of my first crabs recently complete it’s first molt with me successfully and has been doing great since coming up from the molt. I find hermit crabs to be fascinating creatures and hope to continue raising and caring for them for many years to come! I live near the Joplin, MO area, and would be willing to travel up to an hour to pick up. I would also be willing to pay for shipping costs. If you would like to bring them to me, I would be willing to consider reimbursing your gas mileage. :crabbigsmile:

LAST UPDATED: 02/19/20

Mrsshadyowl

TULSA, OKLAHOMA

Post by Mrsshadyowl » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:39 pm

TULSA, OK

I live near Tulsa Oklahoma. I am at max capacity at this time but I will still help if needed just send me a message and we'll try to make sure any crabbies in need are taken care of.

If anyone is looking to adopt I will rehome some that I have adopted, I will be picky to ensure they go to a good home.

LAST UPDATED: 12/17/2020
Last edited by Mrsshadyowl on Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:30 am, edited 4 times in total.

Eliona

Post by Eliona » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:52 pm

LAKE OF THE OZARKS

Lll) I live in the middle of the state. THE LAKE OF THE OZARKS area.
Willing to travel to Jefferson city, Columbia, st. Louis, Springfield, Warsaw, even the Kansas City area. Possible other places in Missouri. I also go to Dallas, TX every 2 months (grandchildren and no they do not get hermits for quite some time if ever).
I am unfortunately one of the shop gullibles, but have learned a great deal since then. I have small pps in a 30gal with subtrate 5in rising up to 7 in. Lots of hiding places, and places to climb. I have numerous shells with many sizes. My Flash is my fashion crab. He loves trying on new shells. Always cleaning up after his fashion shows. Lol. Blue is rather quiet and like to hide even though she is a bit bigger. I have a saltwater and freshwater primed pools. Temp average is 79-80° humidity fluctuates between 77-83% My husband and I have a big heart for all of God's creatures. We were foster parents (over 36 children through our home). We were fortunate to adopt 3 daughters and are now blessed with 3 grandchildren. We believe in living off the land. We raise chickens for eggs and meat. They are range fed and hand fed lol. They love treats when I call. We raise a hog everyother year and a calf the opposite year. We also hunt venison and turkey, but only for food, never for trophy, we have been trained, if it is not a guaranteed kill shot we will NOT take it. The parts we cannot eat we can to make dogfood or dehydrated treats. We freeze the safe bones for them to enjoy through the year. I am starting to learn how to tan the hides (I have a ways to go). Your adopted hermits will also be a part of a family with 2 champion bloodline Arabian horses, 1 Papillion, and 1 vegetarian pomeranian/mixed rescue (she does like her protien as well, but loves picking tomatoes, cucumbers and green beans out of the garden. I can't teach her to can them up for me, She will only eat them. Lol
Your hermits will have a home with fresh plants, veggies, and fruits that I've grown, also organic fruits & veggies that I am unable to grow (no poison) They get fresh eggs (shell and all) plus lots of different protiens. A full sized smorgasbord. As adoptive parents, we understand the love you have and we applaud you for wanting to give your little blessings the best life possible.

Questions or wanting to contact : Barrideehermies AT gmail.com

LAST UPDATED: 08/09/21
Last edited by Eliona on Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Say to [skillful and godly] wisdom, “You are my sister,” And regard understanding and intelligent insight as your intimate friends; Proverbs 7:4

SunrisePets

Post by SunrisePets » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:15 pm

ST. LOUIS, MO

I live in St. Louis around ofallon but can drive to anywhere around there I only have 1 PP and would like another if anyone can give me one all though I have always wanted an E or other species I have a huge bin tank and I have tons of different types of food and I consider myself a very loving and devoted pet parent thank you :crabbigsmile:

LAST UPDATED: 08/11/21
Have a large hermit crab Ronny

dannaw

Post by dannaw » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:09 pm

OVERLAND PARK, KS

Overland Park, KS area. Willing to travel within metro KC. I’m looking to adopt 2 hermies for my classroom to teach my students about animal adaptations and responsible, compassionate pet care! I have two 20 gallon tanks (one for home, one for school) so I can take them home easily over breaks. Will be following best practices for care based on advise on this site. Need to adopt by 11/2021.

LAST UPDATED: 09/07/21