CO, UT, NV Adopters

List of local adopters by state. If you would like to adopt through the HCA, please add a new post to your state's topic.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Topic author
HCA Adoptions

CO, UT, NV Adopters

Post by HCA Adoptions » Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:26 am

Colorado, Utah and Nevada Adoptions
If you are looking to adopt hermit crabs, please make a small “want ad” here!

Read through this before posting:
[For Members Who Wish To Adopt:]

You must include your general location and how far you are willing to travel. If you are willing to pay for shipping, that would be a good thing to know as well. You should write about your experience with hermit crabs, your enclosure, and anything else you think an owner looking to rehome should know so that they choose you as their crabs’ new home. Remember to list how you would like owners and the Adoption Coordinator to contact you if PMs are not your first choice. Thank you!
Last edited by HCA Adoptions on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:02 am, edited 12 times in total.
Reason: Updated
Please PM the HCA Adoptions account if you are interested in a listed adoption or have questions about our adoption program.

JackieRX7

Re: CO, UT, NV Adopters

Post by JackieRX7 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:37 pm

Parker, CO

I recently set up a 75 gallon tank for my Hermies. I am looking to add a few friends for my 4. The new tank has a large molting pit, lots of things to climb, fresh fruits and veggies, a calcium pit, large fresh water and salt water pools for soaking, a shell pit. Two under tank heaters and a a bubbler to keep the humidity up. They live in a heated room that is dedicated to critters needing a warmer climate.

Willing to drive up to 70 miles in any direction!

LAST UPDATED: 01/05/19

Suz

Post by Suz » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:57 pm

Colorado Springs, CO

Willing to travel between Monument and Pueblo.

Coming up on 5 years of owning hermit crabs, started with 2 that my stepdaughters "won" at school. Rescued additional off of craigslist over the years.

I have a 65 gallon tank with 2 real coconut hides and various ground level hides made from coconuts, moss pit, both water pools, walkways and plants, tons of natural shells, nightlight lamps, cholla wood, tons of fresh raw/cooked food, no pellets. Blend of sand and coconut for substrate.

No judgment here as to why you need to rehome them, happy to help.

Crabs: Mr. Crabs, Sheldon, Rescue 1, Mr Big, HR1, HR2, Joe, Nick, Spigot, Peelie, Waffles, Mumbo Jumbo
Crabs over the rainbow bridge: Rescue 2, Kevin, Teeny Tiny

LAST UPDATED: 01/09/22
Last edited by Suz on Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:48 pm, edited 7 times in total.

ErikRasmussen

Post by ErikRasmussen » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:16 pm

SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH

Howdy, I live in Salt Lake City Utah. I have a big 125g and I'm looking for some exotics. I may be willing to take PPs or Es though. :)

LAST UPDATED: 03/31/20

berry04

Post by berry04 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:19 am

FORT COLLINS

Hi! I'm in Fort Collins and I'm interested in homing some hermits! I have two 20 gallons ready for use.

LAST UPDATED: 09/18/21

Billy123

Post by Billy123 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:05 pm

NEVADA

Nice tank set up with plenty of humidity and fresh fruits and veggies.Deep sand bed and humidifier that runs once a day fighting excellent condition for a long stressful molting. Willing to travel into Nevada as far as Carson City and Reno as well as any other surrounding areas of Lake Tahoe :banana:

LAST UPDATED: 01/18/22

Roxie

Re: CO, UT, NV Adopters- No longer in CO, UT, NV Please close thread

Post by Roxie » Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:29 pm

UTAH

Hello,
Currently in Moab, Utah. We live full time in an RV traveling the country and have had our original crab, a PP, for several years during our travels. We adopted a second crab from this site 3 to 4 years ago and that crab recently passed, so we are looking for a second to give our first crab some company. Our crab is medium sized.

We have an Exo Terra tank with all the ancillary items. Plastic plants and sometimes real bamboo and we like to move around all the decorations to give them some entertainment.

Will drive within Utah or Western Colorado for an exchange. We are heading across country to Kentucky in another month.

Feel free to PM.

I'll update this post and close it out when completed. In the meantime, thanks for reading.

Peace to all,
Roxie

UPDATE: 04/05/23 Received an email today regarding a crab needing a home, so fingers crossed. Our current crab is doing fine Solo too.

UPDATE: 4/26/23 We did not adopt this crab. They had an emergency and were not able to meet. Our current crab has a large molt sac, so will wait until he molts before adopting for another.

Thanks all.

LAST UPDATED: 04/26/23

asuder

Denver, CO - Looking to Adopt 2 Hermit Crabs

Post by asuder » Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:42 pm

DENVER, CO

We are looking to adopt 2 hermit crabs. We have not owned hermit crabs before but have been doing lots of research on how to create a crabitat for them to thrive. We have a 30 gallon aquarium with 12" of sand/coco husk mix base, a heater and light, humidity stable between 70-80%, fresh and salt water pools, lots of things to climb and hide in, and will be feeding lots of fresh fruits, veggies, nuts and grains. Able to pick up within an hour or 2 of Denver.

UPDATED 09/07/23

Nlmedina88

Post by Nlmedina88 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:52 pm

COLORADO SPRINGS, CO

I am in Colorado Springs whilling to drive 2 hours

LAST UPDATED: 12/14/23