CO, UT, NV Adopters

List of local adopters by state. If you would like to adopt through the HCA, please add a new post to your state's topic.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Topic author
HCA Adoptions

CO, UT, NV Adopters

Post by HCA Adoptions » Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:26 am

Colorado, Utah and Nevada Adoptions
If you are looking to adopt hermit crabs, please make a small “want ad” here!

Read through this before posting:
[For Members Who Wish To Adopt:]

You must include your general location and how far you are willing to travel. If you are willing to pay for shipping, that would be a good thing to know as well. You should write about your experience with hermit crabs, your enclosure, and anything else you think an owner looking to rehome should know so that they choose you as their crabs’ new home. Remember to list how you would like owners and the Adoption Coordinator to contact you if PMs are not your first choice. Thank you!
Last edited by HCA Adoptions on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:02 am, edited 12 times in total.
Reason: Updated
Please PM the HCA Adoptions account if you are interested in a listed adoption or have questions about our adoption program.

vitsvan

Re: CO, UT, NV Adopters

Post by vitsvan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:03 am

DENVER, CO

Hello!

I was trying to addd to my tank but now I'm trying to find a home for my last hermie. I have had him for about 9 years. His tank mates all passed on to crab heaven and when I've tried to introduce a new crab friend, he attacks it. My theory is that I do not have a large enough tank and he feels too threatened. I would like for someone with a larger tank and more patience than I current can dedicate right now to adopt him. Are you interested? I am in west Denver metro area. I can give you hermie shells that I've collected over the years too.

I tried to delete the post I had here offering to adopt, but I wasn't able to delete it, so I edited it instead. If a moderator is able to help out with this technical detail, that would be great.

vitsvan

LAST UPDATED: 04/26/19
Last edited by vitsvan on Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:46 am, edited 5 times in total.

Astridsky

Post by Astridsky » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:16 pm

DENVER, CO

:crabbigsmile: HI,
I live in the Denver CO area and I would love to adopt some new kiddos. I am willing to travel about 2 hours. I am currently upgrading to a 75 gal tank and I have three pp crabs. I have been caring for them for 5 years, with many successful molts! I have wanted more but didn't want to shop at the pet stores. Thanks. I have pictures but not quite sure how to upload them. But I can email them if interested.

LAST UPDATED: 09/09/18
Last edited by Astridsky on Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

tinylittlehousefinch

Post by tinylittlehousefinch » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:06 am

Northern Colorado

How Far Can You Travel?: 1 hour, clear weather and paved roads, will only meet in a public place, best for all.
Size of Tanks, Number of Crabs, and Species: 2 large and 2 medium pps, friendly and with individual personalities!
How Long Have You Been Crabbing?: over 10 years
What You Are Able to Adopt?: PPS, any size, 1 or more, we have tanks of various sizes to set up a fresh crabitat to fit what's needed to adapt and eventually mix with new friends! We have adopted before and it's worked out well. Hermies need friends, if you have an only crabbie, we'll move him or her in with the others as soon as possible, while being careful to let the moving stress pass first, which usually involves a lot of eating, digging, shell shopping and a big healthy molt!
I Would Like to Be Contacted By - Email address tinylittle house finch at live dot com, no spaces.
Whatever your reason to rehome your pet, the best thing is you are looking for experience in the new home. We'll work to make the transition smooth as possible and send news and photos if you like. Hermies well loved and cared for can live many years, that's the kind of care we offer your hermies, too!

This Posting Was Last Verified On: 09/04/18

JackieRX7

Post by JackieRX7 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:37 pm

Parker, CO

I recently set up a 75 gallon tank for my Hermies. I am looking to add a few friends for my 4. The new tank has a large molting pit, lots of things to climb, fresh fruits and veggies, a calcium pit, large fresh water and salt water pools for soaking, a shell pit. Two under tank heaters and a a bubbler to keep the humidity up. They live in a heated room that is dedicated to critters needing a warmer climate.

Willing to drive up to 70 miles in any direction!

LAST UPDATED: 01/05/19

Suz

Post by Suz » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:57 pm

Colorado Springs, CO

Willing to travel between Monument and Pueblo.

Coming up on 2 years of owning hermit crabs, started with 2 that my stepdaughters "won" at school. Rescued 3 additional off of craigslist over the last year. I'm up to a total of 5 and they range from micro to medium sized. 3 PP and 2 Eccies.

I have a 55 gallon tank with 2 hanging (real) coconut hides and various ground level hides made from coconuts, moss pit, both water pools, walkways and plants, tons of natural shells, nightlight lamps, cholla wood, tons of fresh raw/cooked food, no pellets. Blend of sand and coconut for substrate.

No judgment here as to why you need to rehome them, happy to help.

LAST UPDATED: 03/19/19