OR, WA, ID, ND, SD, WY, MT, NE Adopters

List of local adopters by state. If you would like to adopt through the HCA, please add a new post to your state's topic.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Topic author
HCA Adoptions

OR, WA, ID, ND, SD, WY, MT, NE Adopters

Post by HCA Adoptions » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:53 am

North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, and Montana Adoptions
If you are looking to adopt hermit crabs, please make a small “want ad” here!

Read through this before posting:
[For Members Who Wish To Adopt:]

You must include your general location and how far you are willing to travel. If you are willing to pay for shipping, that would be a good thing to know as well. You should write about your experience with hermit crabs, your enclosure, and anything else you think an owner looking to rehome should know so that they choose you as their crabs’ new home. Remember to list how you would like owners and the Adoption Coordinator to contact you if PMs are not your first choice. Thank you!
Last edited by HCA Adoptions on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated
Please PM the HCA Adoptions account if you are interested in a listed adoption or have questions about our adoption program.

Persea

Re: OR, WA, ID, ND, SD, WY, MT, NE Adopters

Post by Persea » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:28 pm

VANCOUVER, WA

How Far Can You Travel?: Depends on the timing - I’d be willing to go up to Olympia, if it's winter, and I regularly go down to the Portland, OR area. Talk with me and I’ll meet you halfway. If it's summer I'd spring for shipping instead, I've had good success shipping crabs in the past.
Size of Tanks, Number of Crabs, and Species: 55 gallon with a medium wide ExoTerra topper. I have 6 PPs and 2 Es, a whole range of size from "really small" to "just shy of jumbo". I also have a 29 gallon set up mostly for isopods, but it has everything needed to house some crabs.
How Long Have You Been Crabbing?: ~2 years or so?
What You Are Able to Adopt?: Anybody smaller than a jumbo! I just don’t have the shells or pools set up for someone so big. Right now I'm not looking for too many more, but in case of emergency rehoming, I'm willing to move my isopods for crabs.
I Would Like to Be Contacted By Email, preferably! percy[dot]k[dot]atwell[at]gmail[dot]com

Feel free to talk to me beforehand, I’ll gladly give up-to-date tank photos/general meal schedule/other info.

LAST UPDATED: 01/22/19
Last edited by Persea on Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sarsarbabydaprincess

Post by sarsarbabydaprincess » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:00 pm

LINCOLN, NE

looking to adopt any crabs available in the Nebraska area.

How Far Can You Travel?: Up to 2 hours
Size of Tanks, Number of Crabs: 30 gallon, 5 crabs from nickel to ping pong size.
How Long Have You Been Crabbing?: Just over a year
What You Are Able to Adopt?: Any crabs similar to the size of my current ones
I Would Like to Be Contacted By PM

Thank you!
Sarah

LAST UPDATED: 07/26/18

NYhermit86

Post by NYhermit86 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:56 am

CENTRAL OREGON

My name is Adam and I reside in central Oregon. I really love animals of all sorts and thankfully have the extra space to house different species. At the moment I have Indo 3 Tree Frogs, A Pac Man Frog & 6 Hermit crabs. It's a passion of mine to rescue or take in any animal in need of a home. I recently relocated to a 10 acre house and have spent this last summer investing in everything you can think of when it comes to owning a pet. I finally have my setup complete and looking to take in any hermit crab in need of re-homing. Any background information would be appreciated so that I can prepare in advance if the hermit crab has any special needs, medical issues or needing separate housing. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Adam B.

LAST UPDATED: 12/02/18

ZoeyLakey

Post by ZoeyLakey » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:41 pm

BOTHELL, WASHINGTON

My name is Zoey and I live in Bothell, Washington but I am close to Seattle and I can't really go further than Washington to adopt. I can adopt 2 crabs and my tank is 10 gallons with all of the specified requirements such as heating, humidity, substrate, spare shells, ect. My tank is mostly made up of natural things (except the plants, which are fake besides chia seeds that I plan to use as a treat) that I like collecting that have been boiled as to not expose my soon-to-be crabs to harmful bacteria.

I would happily adopt purple pincher crabs but I would also provide a loving home for Ecuadorian crabs as well, as I understand the limit of distance I can travel limits the other options. This will be my second time caring for hermit crabs and I've done all the research I could need and that was why I decided to adopt rather than support a pet store.

The best way to contact me is through email and I hope to hear from you,
zoeycanbewalrus at gmail.com

LAST UPDATED: 09/19/19

The_Crabery

Post by The_Crabery » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:51 pm

WASHINGTON

I recently made the decision to adopt hermit crabs. I have done a ton of research and would be ready, but the problem is I can't find anyone with crabs for adoption in WA. I have some transportation limitations, being only 13 and not owning a car or knowing how to drive, but I could get a ride to somewhere. I am in the market for at least 2 crabs and 20-gal long tank and maybe some decorations but I can get the tank and stuff myself if necessary. I would be happy with purple pinchers, but would accept Ecuadorians with the same amount of enthusiasm. Email me if you know someone or have crabs yourself at ledfordadaj at gmail.com. I have a phone number too, but I since I would disregard a call and be suspicious of a text, I'll just put the email.

LAST UPDATED: 09/22/20

Marie Critel

Post by Marie Critel » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:22 pm

LINCOLN, NE

I can travel up to 50 miles. I have 75 gallon with a topper attached. I have three purple pinchers and wanting to add four more to our family. My crabitat has multiple zones to suit crabs of different personalities. Mango enjoys the penthouse roomy moss pit at the very top of the sunny cabana themed topper, where you can occassionally find her lounging in a hammock. Down below you can usually find hugo hanging pool side( In a plant)in the wetlands area where he can have a salt water soak or a full swim in the 5 gallon fresh water pool. Strongo prefers the dim forrest floor where he can munch on dried leaves if not there he's sure to be tunneling around in the 10" sand and eco earth substrate. There is plenty of hiding and climbing to be found and a good balance diet. I am new to these crabs but they are now family and I am now forever obsessed . If you can see your crabs retiring to my warm, humid resort please email me, the crabos are waiting.

LAST UPDATED: 06/24/21

JDee

Post by JDee » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:32 pm

REXBURG/IDAHO FALLS, IDAHO

Looking to adopt 1-2 hermit crabs. We currently have one crab, due to his friend not surviving a molt. I am looking for a crab or two as friends to our lonely crab. We have a set up with plenty of digging space, water bowls, and things to climb on.

LAST UPDATED: 06/28/21

LSharp

Post by LSharp » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:05 pm

PORTLAND OR

My 13-year old son and I have kept one PP for over a year and have finally upgraded her from a 10-gallon to a 46-gallon. Now we have room to adopt at least two friends for her. The crabitat is set up to all standards with 10” of sub, appropriate water sources, and heat/humidity stabilized around 80/85. Only organic fruits, veggies, seeds, meats and clean leaves. Plenty of places to hide, climb and play!
Willing to travel about an hour any direction.
Please reply and/or email at laurelsharp01[at]msn[dot]com

LAST UPDATED: 10/13/21

churst11

Post by churst11 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:38 pm

RIDGEFIELD, WA

Our family is looking to adopt 2, possibly a few more hermit crabs. We are still compiling our habitat for them, but have been watching crab central station videos, and reading documents found on this site and the Land hermit crab owner's society.

We would be willing to travel up to an hour radius from our location, and may be willing to pay shipping.

We have not owned hermit crabs before but I am a state fish and wildlife biologist with a great deal of fish/shellfish husbandry experience. We are looking to finish purchasing our supplies this weekend, but do have a 40 gallon exoterra tank and the play sand and eco earth substrates.

Please reply and/or email at churst11 AT gmail.com

LAST UPDATED: 07/14/22