KY, NC, SC, TN Adopters

List of local adopters by state. If you would like to adopt through the HCA, please add a new post to your state's topic.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Topic author
HCA Adoptions

KY, NC, SC, TN Adopters

Post by HCA Adoptions » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:19 am

Kentucky, North Carolina, Tennessee and South Carolina Adoptions
If you are looking to adopt hermit crabs, please make a small “want ad” here!

Read through this before posting:
[For Members Who Wish To Adopt:]

You must include your general location and how far you are willing to travel. If you are willing to pay for shipping, that would be a good thing to know as well. You should write about your experience with hermit crabs, your enclosure, and anything else you think an owner looking to rehome should know so that they choose you as their crabs’ new home. Remember to list how you would like owners and the Adoption Coordinator to contact you if PMs are not your first choice. Thank you!
Last edited by HCA Adoptions on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated
Please PM the HCA Adoptions account if you are interested in a listed adoption or have questions about our adoption program.

Visual

KY, NC, SC, TN Adopters

Post by Visual » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:10 am

LEXINGTON, KY

Hello, my name is Valerie. I havent been crabbing long. Almost a year and a half. I am completely obcessed now, but my space is getting limited. Even so, If you're in the greater Lexington area or within 25 miles of Nicholasville and need a forever home for your buddies, please don't hesitate to message me.

Location (nearest large city, state, country): Lexington

How Far Can You Travel?: about 25 miles

Size of Tanks, Number of Crabs, and Species: I’m currently in a custom tank. A converted bookcase that aprox. 93 gallons. I have 2 Ecuadorians and 14 pp’s

How Long Have You Been Crabbing?: 1yr 6months

What You Are Able to Adopt?: Small pps

LAST UPDATED: 7/17/18
Last edited by Visual on Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes there's fire, sometimes there's rain
www.loverochambeau.com

Giner13

Re: KY, NC, SC, TN Adopters

Post by Giner13 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:49 pm

LENOIR CITY, TN

I am located in Lenoir City, TN...right smack dab in between Knoxville, Kingston/Harriman. I'd be willing to travel to Maryville &/or Sevierville as well.
I currently have one med/lg PP by the name of Captain Jack. He is in a 20gal with 10inches EcoEarth mixed with play sand. Have climbing space, fresh/salt waters available that I change once-twice a week depending how much sub gets in them, PLENTY of shells to go around.
Looking to adopt at least one more crabbie for the time being!!

Contact me by email ginafaye13 at gmail.com please.

LAST UPDATED: 07/16/18

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:44 pm

Knoxville, TN

I live in the Knoxville, TN area and am looking to adopt 1-2 pp's. Small/medium. I have a 90 gal tank with 6 pp's. And a 40gal breeder with 5. The new ones would go in the 90.

LAST UPDATED: 01/19/19
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Overmountain1

KY, NC, SC, TN Adopters

Post by Overmountain1 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:32 pm

I’m full up on crabbies now.
Last edited by Overmountain1 on Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HankTheHermitsMom

Post by HankTheHermitsMom » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:02 am

NORTH CAROLINA

Hi I’m Hope!

I’m a new crab mommy and I really want to give my crab Hank a friend. I’ve been doing nothing but research since I got him and I feel like I’m ready to take on another crab and make Hank happy by giving him a much needed friend. Im currently working on getting a better crabitat set up but I’m really excited about this and Hank is so shy I think he would really really benefit from having a buddy. I just want to do right by my crab. He didn’t ask to be taken from the wild and now it’s my duty to make his life the best. Anyways...... I’m willing to travel about an hour- to two hours. I’m in North Carolina closer to Virginia so I can go there too, I’m there all the time. Please keep me and Hank in mind and give us a shot at rehoming your crab baby 💕

LAST UPDATED: 04/25/19
I’m a lot of things but the most important is that I’m a MOM 💕
Levi 👶🏻 & Silas 👼🏻
Toby 🐶 & Leo 🐶
Cooper🐱 Wilson🐱 Maggie🐱 & Beamer🐱
Oscar 🐠 & Lily 🐠
Hank 🦀 🐚

JenniferRallison

Post by JenniferRallison » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:14 pm

Huntersville and Charlotte, NC
Hi I’m Jennifer a crabber for 5 years now with a 40 gal wonderful tank and two crabs that could use some buddies. Will accept any size hermies! Will travel to meet up to 45 to 1 hr way or shipping. If you choose us the crab baby will be greatly taken care of and spoiled rotten! It’s just my husband and me so no little kids will bother them! I’m a stay at home wife so I care for my crabs 24/7! They are fed fresh foods everyday and upgrade to tank once a month so they never get board. Now they just need some buddies! You can pm to meet up or arrange something if your interested in rehoming your crab baby!

Joe cornet

Post by Joe cornet » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:19 pm

Found a crab someone must have bought and let go outside. Have been taking care of best I can. Looking for a home that has crabs so he can join a community. I live in North Carolina