KY, NC, SC, TN Adopters

List of local adopters by state. If you would like to adopt through the HCA, please add a new post to your state's topic.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Topic author
HCA Adoptions

KY, NC, SC, TN Adopters

Post by HCA Adoptions » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:19 am

Kentucky, North Carolina, Tennessee and South Carolina Adoptions
If you are looking to adopt hermit crabs, please make a small “want ad” here!

Read through this before posting:
[For Members Who Wish To Adopt:]

You must include your general location and how far you are willing to travel. If you are willing to pay for shipping, that would be a good thing to know as well. You should write about your experience with hermit crabs, your enclosure, and anything else you think an owner looking to rehome should know so that they choose you as their crabs’ new home. Remember to list how you would like owners and the Adoption Coordinator to contact you if PMs are not your first choice. Thank you!
Last edited by HCA Adoptions on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated
Please PM the HCA Adoptions account if you are interested in a listed adoption or have questions about our adoption program.

Visual

KY, NC, SC, TN Adopters

Post by Visual » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:10 am

LEXINGTON, KY

Hello, my name is Valerie. I havent been crabbing long. Almost a year and a half. I am completely obcessed now, but my space is getting limited. Even so, If you're in the greater Lexington area or within 25 miles of Nicholasville and need a forever home for your buddies, please don't hesitate to message me.

Location (nearest large city, state, country): Lexington

How Far Can You Travel?: about 25 miles

Size of Tanks, Number of Crabs, and Species: I’m currently in a custom tank. A converted bookcase that aprox. 93 gallons. I have 2 Ecuadorians and 14 pp’s

How Long Have You Been Crabbing?: 1yr 6months

What You Are Able to Adopt?: Small pps

LAST UPDATED: 7/17/18
Last edited by Visual on Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes there's fire, sometimes there's rain
www.loverochambeau.com

Giner13

Re: KY, NC, SC, TN Adopters

Post by Giner13 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:49 pm

LENOIR CITY, TN

I am located in Lenoir City, TN...right smack dab in between Knoxville, Kingston/Harriman. I'd be willing to travel to Maryville &/or Sevierville as well.
I currently have one med/lg PP by the name of Captain Jack. He is in a 20gal with 10inches EcoEarth mixed with play sand. Have climbing space, fresh/salt waters available that I change once-twice a week depending how much sub gets in them, PLENTY of shells to go around.
Looking to adopt at least one more crabbie for the time being!!

Contact me by email ginafaye13 at gmail.com please.

LAST UPDATED: 07/16/18

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:44 pm

Knoxville, TN

I live in the Knoxville, TN area and am looking to adopt 1-2 pp's. Small/medium. I have a 90 gal tank with 6 pp's. And a 40gal breeder with 5. The new ones would go in the 90.

LAST UPDATED: 01/19/19
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

HankTheHermitsMom

Post by HankTheHermitsMom » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:02 am

NORTH CAROLINA

Hi I’m Hope!

I’m a new crab mommy and I really want to give my crab Hank a friend. I’ve been doing nothing but research since I got him and I feel like I’m ready to take on another crab and make Hank happy by giving him a much needed friend. Im currently working on getting a better crabitat set up but I’m really excited about this and Hank is so shy I think he would really really benefit from having a buddy. I just want to do right by my crab. He didn’t ask to be taken from the wild and now it’s my duty to make his life the best. Anyways...... I’m willing to travel about an hour- to two hours. I’m in North Carolina closer to Virginia so I can go there too, I’m there all the time. Please keep me and Hank in mind and give us a shot at rehoming your crab baby 💕

LAST UPDATED: 04/25/19
I’m a lot of things but the most important is that I’m a MOM 💕
Levi 👶🏻 & Silas 👼🏻
Toby 🐶 & Leo 🐶
Cooper🐱 Wilson🐱 Maggie🐱 & Beamer🐱
Oscar 🐠 & Lily 🐠
Hank 🦀 🐚

JenniferRallison

Post by JenniferRallison » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:14 pm

Huntersville and Charlotte, NC

Hi I’m Jennifer a crabber for 5 years now with a 40 gal wonderful tank and two crabs that could use some buddies. Will accept any size hermies! Will travel to meet up to 45 to 1 hr way or shipping. If you choose us the crab baby will be greatly taken care of and spoiled rotten! It’s just my husband and me so no little kids will bother them! I’m a stay at home wife so I care for my crabs 24/7! They are fed fresh foods everyday and upgrade to tank once a month so they never get board. Now they just need some buddies! You can pm to meet up or arrange something if your interested in rehoming your crab baby!

LAST UPDATED: 08/06/19

Crocco

Post by Crocco » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:00 pm

North Carolina

Hello! I actually posted on this thread a couple of years ago and realized that for some reason my HCA emails went to my spam and I never saw the responses! :( I hope that everyone who replied to my posts has been able to rehome successfully. Now that I know to log in and check my inbox, I'm ready for another crab! I currently have two lovely crabs named Terry and Obama, who live happily in a 20-gallon tank. I've had terry for about 2 and a half years, and Obama for almost 2. I think since recently upgrading their tank size, they're ready for a friend! I live in the triangle area of North Carolina, but attend school in Greensboro. I can travel about 30 miles but may be able to make an exception if it is a good fit. I preferably am only looking for one, but if you need to rehome more I could possibly create room. I love to give them fresh fruits and vegetables every day along with their regular hermit crab food, and they, of course, have their heater, chlorine-free fresh and saltwater with plenty of climbing accessories. My crabs are very social and I think they would enjoy having another friend. Don't hesitate to message me!

EDIT*** You are also welcome to email me directly: Cristinamrocco at gmail.com

LAST UPDATED: 11/09/19
Last edited by Crocco on Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Smallcrabber

Post by Smallcrabber » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:54 pm

COLUMBIA, SC

How Far Can You Travel?: Not far; possibly a hour at max
Size of Tanks, Number of Crabs, and Species: 50 gallon + a 20 gallon, 3 small pps, two large pps
How Long Have You Been Crabbing?: 3 years
What You Are Able to Adopt?: Any size
I Would Like to Be Contacted By - Email - or - PM - . Email @ friendlycaos at gmail.com

LAST UPDATED: 01/30/20

fastirelang

CARY NORTH CAROLINA

Post by fastirelang » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:23 pm

CARY, NORTH CAROLINA

Hello! My name is Ireland and my partner and I are looking to adopt two hermit crabs.
I live in Cary, North Carolina and I am willing to travel roughly an hour to pick up the crabs.

We are new to owning hermit crabs but we have both put in a lot of time into researching hermit crabs and have decided to try and move forward to adopt some hermit crabs. Currently we have a 20 gallon tank, and soon I will be buying the cage furnishings, substrate, etc. Basically everything that a hermit crab would need from my personal research. Obviously I would wait on formally adopting the hermit crab until I had everything I needed for them. Currently I am looking for two hermit crabs for the two gallon tank that I own.

Some background on me. I am a pharmacy tech, I do not own any other pets, but I did raise several animals growing up (snakes, ducks, fish, cats, dogs, hamsters), plan on going to school to continue into the pharmacy industry, and I am a plant collector.

please email me at fastirelang at gmail.com :)

LAST UPDATED: 04/25/20

SeaLion

Post by SeaLion » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:50 pm

NOLENSVILLE, TN

Hi. I’m a hermit crab owner in Nolensville TN. I’m willing to travel the whole Nashville/Middle TN area (60 miles?) to adopt hermits needing a new home, to join my current friends. I’ve gotten into hermits the past year with my sons, doing this in addition to several tanks of freshwater fish.

LAST UPDATED: 07/01/20

SLD

Post by SLD » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:42 pm

RALEIGH, NC

Location (nearest large city, state, country): Raleigh, North Carolina
How Far Can You Travel?: ~150 miles
Size of Tanks, Number of Crabs, and Species: I have a new crab setup that's a 20 gallon glass tank with an automatic mister, a tank heating mat, lights on a timer, sand/ecoearth substrate, fresh and saltwater bowls, extra shells, hiding spots, the works. I was about to buy two crabs from PetSmart but someone mentioned there might be crabs I could adopt and I thought I'd try that first.
How Long Have You Been Crabbing?: Newbie
What You Are Able to Adopt?: Two hermit crabs
I Would Like to Be Contacted By email at spottedworkerbee at gmail.com

LAST UPDATED: 07/17/20

Kimsun

Post by Kimsun » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:54 pm

JACKSONVILLE, NC

I have two tanks, both with heating mats, plenty of sand, humidity, things to climb on. Found the first crab on Topsail beach, pretty sure it was abandoned. That was around 9 months ago.
I know there are many families that move frequently, and maybe cannot take their crabs with them.

LAST UPDATED: 07/20/20
Last edited by Kimsun on Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wingless669

Post by wingless669 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:04 pm

JACKSON, TN

Location (nearest large city, state, country): jackson tn
How Far Can You Travel?: willing to travel 2 hours.
Size of Tanks, Number of Crabs, and Species: 55 gallon tank fully set up. 30 gallon in the process 4 crabs all pps
How Long Have You Been Crabbing?: just under 6 months
What You Are Able to Adopt?: can take 2 immediately but I would love to take in 3.
I Would Like to Be Contacted via Email or PM: email : mandaeffinmarie669 AT gmail.com

LAST UPDATED: 10/16/20

momnguitarman

Post by momnguitarman » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:55 pm

ROCKY MOUNT, NC

How far willing to travel: 2.5 hrs
2 55gal. Tanks (already set up) / 1 red pincher, 2 purple pincher
1.5 years
Can take up to 3
Contact email: momnguitarman AT gmail.com

LAST UPDATED: 11/16/20

CrabbieFoxes

Post by CrabbieFoxes » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:18 pm

LEXINGTON, KY

We are a family of 4 with two purple pinchers, one dog and three chickens! Ha! We are animal lovers through and through. We are relatively new to this, but have done lots of research and rather than something bad happen or if you have no other options, please take a chance on us! I promise we will do our best to provide the best care we can for your Hermies. We are in Lexington and can easily get to all the of the surrounding counties, and I couldn’t find anyone else in here in KY at all, so we are stepping up to hopefully fill a needed coverage area.

Location (nearest large city, state, country): Lexington

How Far Can You Travel?: about 25-50 miles

Size of Tanks, Number of Crabs, and Species: Currently we have 2 pp in a 10 gallon and a 20 gallon in prep stages. We also have a second 10 gallon for isolation or new crabbies.

How Long Have You Been Crabbing?: one month+

What You Are Able to Adopt?: any

LAST UPDATED: 01/13/21