Whats wrong with Livehermitcrabs.com? I want to order e's

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Topic author
Ilovehermies74

Whats wrong with Livehermitcrabs.com? I want to order e's

Post by Ilovehermies74 » Sun May 29, 2016 12:05 pm

I was just wondering why people complain about lhc. I have never ordered from them and want to know what im getting myself into.
owner of 10 happy hermies! tiny micro, arora small, problem small, romeo small, Juliet small, berry small, mars medium, katniss medium, lucky large, and the big head honcho hugo:) :) RIP shy Check out my youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW91Ko ... s84MrO0zog

Rawrgeous

Re: Whats wrong with Livehermitcrabs.com? I want to order e'

Post by Rawrgeous » Sun May 29, 2016 12:19 pm

Plain and simple- don't. You probably won't get your crabs, and she'll take your money. If you search there is a whole thread spanning over a year with complaints about her. The shop should be closed.

Sent from my VS415PP using Tapatalk

Rawrgeous

Post by Rawrgeous » Sun May 29, 2016 12:27 pm

http://www.hermitcrabassociation.com/ph ... hp?t=87470 there's the thread. :/ not a good situation.

Sent from my VS415PP using Tapatalk

KayedeeLove<3

Post by KayedeeLove<3 » Sun May 29, 2016 5:26 pm

Some people have even waited so long that IF they got the crab... It came dead with pps or it had been so long that they weren't even crabbing any more... So now they have a crab with no way to care for it!!!

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

mool

Post by mool » Mon May 30, 2016 8:23 am

Read the reviews and if you think it's worth the risk....go for it and let us know when you get your e's.

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Mon May 30, 2016 2:54 pm

We do not recommend ordering from them at all. Over the past 2 years, the majority of the people who ordered from them had to report them for fraud after they took money for crabs, then failed to deliver or respond to emails. The communication is horrible and many had to open disputes with their banks to get their money back.

Topic author
Ilovehermies74

Post by Ilovehermies74 » Mon May 30, 2016 5:09 pm

Yeah... i guess its not worth the risk, but does anyone know another place to get equadorian hermit crabs (or anything besides pp's for that matter)
owner of 10 happy hermies! tiny micro, arora small, problem small, romeo small, Juliet small, berry small, mars medium, katniss medium, lucky large, and the big head honcho hugo:) :) RIP shy Check out my youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW91Ko ... s84MrO0zog

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Mon May 30, 2016 5:17 pm

Ilovehermies74 wrote:Yeah... i guess its not worth the risk, but does anyone know another place to get equadorian hermit crabs (or anything besides pp's for that matter)
I only adopt so I couldn't tell you. My E's were a gift and came from a local Petco. We have several adoptions up on the HCA facebook page right now.

mool

Post by mool » Mon May 30, 2016 8:42 pm

Petco's here in Texas carry e's. I also have a local petstore that always has Strawberries. They sell them for around $15.00 each they also have either Blueberries and/or Violas. They offer them as Blueberries, but I've heard that they are probably Violas.

Topic author
Ilovehermies74

Post by Ilovehermies74 » Tue May 31, 2016 2:58 pm

Minnesota is kinda far from the ocean so... There aren't many stores here :crabcry:

bbcraft22

Post by bbcraft22 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:26 pm

mool wrote:Petco's here in Texas carry e's. I also have a local petstore that always has Strawberries. They sell them for around $15.00 each they also have either Blueberries and/or Violas. They offer them as Blueberries, but I've heard that they are probably Violas.
You are so lucky! Do you get them there?
"You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you." -Jon Bunyan

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:24 pm

Petco & Pet Supermarket have them here in Florida. I'm not sure they know the difference. As much as I would love a Strawberry, I don't think I could ever forgive myself if I ordered one. It's ALWAYS too hot here in Florida.
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com