The Hermit Crab Patch food?

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Topic author
Kitkat7

The Hermit Crab Patch food?

Post by Kitkat7 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:59 pm

Anybody tried it? It does not contain harmful preservatives so is recommended to be used within 6 months. They offer a variety of meal choices, from a "basic diet" that is well-rounded, to different flavor blends and snacks. I don't have time to always be making my own hermit crab food, and also don't want to buy the perishable ingredients in bulk. Their foods really aren't expensive either. The THCP Basic Diet is $6.50 for 3/4 C. With the nice variety of ingredients that it contains, I think that's a good price. Does anybody else buy their hermit crab food from The Hermit Crab Patch? I ordered the "THCP Basic Diet" and the "Red White-n-Blue Berries" mix. Shipping was $4.95. I'll report back on my impressions and how Calypso likes it!

I added the link to their foods below and, as an example, here's a list of all the ingredients for the basic diet: plankton, meal worms, flax seed meal, coconut, hemp hearts, krill, mysis shrimp, sweet potato, chia seed meal, strawberry leaf, spinach, bee pollen, banana, sweet corn, carrot, peas, tomato, bell pepper, spirulina, oyster powder, and mineral supplement.

https://www.hermitcrabpatch.com/Pet-Her ... ts-s/3.htm

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Hermit Crab Patch food?

Post by curlysister » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:32 pm

Yes, I order from them all the time! My crabs love their stuff. No preservatives or additives at all. I keep it in the freezer, just so it lasts longer.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

JoeHermits
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JoeHermits » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:29 am

Say, does anyone know what’s in the mineral supplement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:34 am

JoeHermits wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:29 am
Say, does anyone know what’s in the mineral supplement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not for certain, but having recieved it with adoptions, my guess is montmorillonite clay.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:49 am

I'm not sure what's in the mineral supplement, but I know my crabs freaking love it. Like they will eat it until their poop is the same color, LOL.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Topic author
Kitkat7

Post by Kitkat7 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:03 pm

wodesorel wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:34 am
Not for certain, but having recieved it with adoptions, my guess is montmorillonite clay.
I was wondering that too. THCP does have "natural mineral blend" listed as a separate item, saying that it contains "a proprietary blend of natural minerals and elements." I'm guessing this is the same thing added to their other foods?

Topic author
Kitkat7

curlysister wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:49 am
I'm not sure what's in the mineral supplement, but I know my crabs freaking love it. Like they will eat it until their poop is the same color, LOL.
LOL!

Topic author
Kitkat7

wodesorel wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:34 am
Cool

GRMU99

Post by GRMU99 » Tue May 07, 2019 11:02 pm

i buy all my food from there. my crabs seems to like too.
2 cats
Buddy and Belle

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:32 pm

Just wanted to mention that I've ordered from THCP twice now, and my crabs and I have been super happy with their food! The customer service is excellent, and the crabs really seem to love their soil supplement and ground popcorn. The shipping is fast too.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

Overmountain1

Post by Overmountain1 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:48 pm

They have wonderful food, and my crabs enjoy everything I’ve ordered from there too! Just placed an order with HermitGrub on Etsy, as did RiNiKy and it was a great experience for both of us and my crabs absolutely killed the two new ones I offered them! So they’re worth a look too. Prices are also outstanding.

Dave the Wondercrab~Pat~Maggie~ Billy~Pop~Corn~Ten~Sam~MissTeri~Tim~Gene~ Barry~Mr S~Princess + 5 Es + Mr EnDoh =my crabby clan!

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:56 pm

Overmountain1 wrote:They have wonderful food, and my crabs enjoy everything I’ve ordered from there too! Just placed an order with HermitGrub on Etsy, as did RiNiKy and it was a great experience for both of us and my crabs absolutely killed the two new ones I offered them! So they’re worth a look too. Prices are also outstanding. Image

Dave the Wondercrab~Pat~Maggie~ Billy~Pop~Corn~Ten~Sam~MissTeri~Tim~Gene~ Barry~Mr S~Princess + 5 Es + Mr EnDoh =my crabby clan!
Awesome, that sounds great thanks! I'll def keep that store on my list for my next food order! Image

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:34 pm

Just wanted a little shout out/ positive feedback for HCP. Not only are the products great, and the shipping fast....but they also refunded me because the actual shipping was $1.80 less than what I had been charged at check out! Most online shopping places will just keep the difference. Big kudos to the Hermit Crab patch!