Canadian Chubby Crab

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Topic author
Sillymel

Canadian Chubby Crab

Post by Sillymel » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:20 am

I received my 1st organic order a couple days ago from Canadian Chubby Crab and am beyond happy with the customer service I received, along with my food order. What’s even better, is the fact that my little guys are happy too. They hadn’t been eating since I got them almost a month ago and the past few nights I have actually seen them come out from their coconut and sit in their food dish.
Canadian Chubby Crab was extremely helpful in helping me put together my order, answered ALL of my questions, was prompt, and everything arrived nicely packaged. Not only that, but he/she had my order to me in a week.
I will definitely order again!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Canadian Chubby Crab

Post by curlysister » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:32 am

OMG, a Canadian source for hermit crab food??!! I will most definately check it out!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Overmountain1

Post by Overmountain1 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:38 am

I have ordered from them too, and got it quickly and it’s all a good price I think. Enjoy!

Dave the Wondercrab~Pat~MaggieMoo~Billy~
Pop~Corn~Ten~Sam~Tim~Gene My PP clan

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:38 am

I hope this is all from the recommendation I made. She has some amazing mixes and my guys love her food!

Topic author
Sillymel

Post by Sillymel » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:07 pm

RiNiKy506 wrote:I hope this is all from the recommendation I made. Image She has some amazing mixes and my guys love her food!
Yes, it was from your recommendation. I tried to find your original post but I didn’t remember who it was from or where I had seen it. I had just gotten my hermit crabs and joined this site when I read your post. I did tell Canadian Chubby Crab about your comment. Image. Thank you for posting!

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:49 pm

I have put in an order and she shipped it yesterday. Extremely helpful and accomodating customer service, extremely reasonable shipping. I can't wait to get my order!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:42 pm

Has anyone told Motörcrab about this one so it can go on the Shopping Resources page?
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Xenocrab

Post by Xenocrab » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:50 pm

Yes I did. He's currently working on a crabby land tank and making a Choller-coaster! He's also working on learning about making a bio active tank with small aquarium water pools with filters. And we are toying with the idea of toppers

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

ImageImageImage
6 babies, 4 Es and 15 PPs.

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:42 pm

Xenocrab wrote:Yes I did. He's currently working on a crabby land tank and making a Choller-coaster! He's also working on learning about making a bio active tank with small aquarium water pools with filters. And we are toying with the idea of toppers

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

ImageImageImage
I know this is slightly off topic, but I look forward to seeing the bioactive setup, especially regarding the pools! I love to see how different people attack the same problem!

(What filtration does he plan on using?)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:58 pm

I'm "planning" on using this filter. I've been emailing Courtney, AKA: The Cholla Queen and Mary about the whole bioactive set up for the last week or so. Courtney did an awesome bioactive presentation at Crab Con. The water portion was extremely informative and got my gears moving. I know nothing about aquariums and water quality. Mary had a bunch of questions too. Courtney was doing tons of researching for a year or two on everything! To see a video of several species of crabs more than just dipping legs really got me thinking on how to improve my water quality.

I'm going pretty basic with the saltwater. I want to attempt to get that done for the strawberries. I'm a bit nervous about the water while it is cycling but I'm hoping that once it's ready I will only need to change the filter every 2-3 weeks and a partial water change too.

I posted a link to Courtney's presentation on here a few days ago. It was pre-recorded so it was just a video. It's about 45 minutes but we'll worth the time to watch a few times. Here's a link to the thread with the video.

http://www.hermitcrabassociation.com/ph ... 7&t=120588

Now to steer this topic back on track. Does anyone have a link to The Chubby Hermit? I wasn't adding Facebook stores since I didn't have FB. I recently signed back up for a private group for the baby crabs. That's the only thing I've been using it for. The things we do for crabs.ImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

Topic author
Sillymel

Post by Sillymel » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:40 pm

Here is the fb link for Canadian Chubby Crab

https://www.facebook.com/CChubbyCrab/

AutumnFalls

Post by AutumnFalls » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:01 am

I'm always looking for a Canadian crab store/source, especially since the Canadian Crab Connection shut down. I'll check this out. Thanks.. :cheer: