Plastic canvas mesh?!

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Topic author
Crabby in NJ

Plastic canvas mesh?!

Post by Crabby in NJ » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:41 pm

Sooo, apparently michaels stopped carrying the pieces of Darice plastic mesh! I’ve gone to the few that are close to me, looked in the dollar tree as well and no luck. The only way is online and it’s sooo expensive! 6$ and up for 1 sheet shipped when the sheet only costs .69? I can’t afford that rn with the a few things that have gone on in life....so I was hoping someone had a spare sheet or two they could mail me? Worth a shot to ask, if not no big deal. I can send unpopped corn in return? I have way too much but other than that I can offer a couple bucks to cover the postage. (I know it won’t cost 8.95 like these darn online thieves lol) oh and I live in NJ (jersey shore area) in case anyone is close. Thanks. Happy Turkey day to all!
Crabbing with my son now! My my, how things have changed!

CrabbyLover77

Re: Plastic canvas mesh?!

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:15 pm

Hi!
I found a set of 12 pieces for $10.24 on Amazon. It comes out to appx. $0.85/sheet. I know that's slightly more expensive than in stores but the shipping is free with a Prime membership, or if you don't have a membership, you can spend $25 in qualifying stuff to get the free shipping.
I got my mesh at AC Moore. Did you hear all 145 shops will be closing?? I heard they are going to start their liquidation sales sometime next week. I'm going to have to stock up on my mesh!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

My Pets: 2 Pomeranians, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 13 hermit crabs.
"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:16 pm

https://smile.amazon.com/Darice-B00DV68 ... th=1&psc=1

My Pets: 2 Pomeranians, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 13 hermit crabs.
"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:22 pm

I got mine at Hobby Lobby. I don't remember how much it cost.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Moe2076

Post by Moe2076 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:14 am

Mine came from hobby lobby or joann fabrics
18 PP: 2 teenie 3 small Gumbo; 1 small/med shell diva; 6 med: Evil Kenival 6 med/large
3 dogs: Maltipoo Tosh Pomeranian/Spitz Kaylee: Rotwieler/hound Bear
4 cats: Dottie calico Luna: DSH grey and white Moxie:kitten with spunk Ellis:Big lovey orange tabby

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:53 am

You may have smaller sewing shops that are local to you, too!
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Topic author
Crabby in NJ

Post by Crabby in NJ » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:11 pm

CrabbyLover77 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:15 pm
Hi!
I found a set of 12 pieces for $10.24 on Amazon. It comes out to appx. $0.85/sheet. I know that's slightly more expensive than in stores but the shipping is free with a Prime membership, or if you don't have a membership, you can spend $25 in qualifying stuff to get the free shipping.
I got my mesh at AC Moore. Did you hear all 145 shops will be closing?? I heard they are going to start their liquidation sales sometime next week. I'm going to have to stock up on my mesh!

I was pretty sure the two by me closed awhile ago, I know one did for sure but I’ll double check. Thanks for the info! I’ll see if anyone has a prime membership where I work if all else fails. :crabbigsmile:

Topic author
Crabby in NJ

Post by Crabby in NJ » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:13 pm

Hermiesguardian wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:22 pm
I got mine at Hobby Lobby. I don't remember how much it cost.
Ty for the info, I’ll have to look it up and see if their is a hobby lobby in the area. 💯🙂

Topic author
Crabby in NJ

Post by Crabby in NJ » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:13 pm

Moe2076 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:14 am
Mine came from hobby lobby or joann fabrics
Ty soo much for the info! :crabbigsmile:

Topic author
Crabby in NJ

Post by Crabby in NJ » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:14 pm

wodesorel wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:53 am
You may have smaller sewing shops that are local to you, too!
Never even thought about that! As with all of the other info, ty! I have my work cut out for me lol time to hit the books! Well....google now a days haha!

:crabbigsmile: :crabbigsmile: :crabbigsmile: :crabbigsmile:

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:47 am

Some of the AC Moores are becoming Michaels. We just had that happen with Pat Catans, and now there are two Michaels not even ten minutes apart.

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:19 am

We stopped in an A C Moore yesterday and they were low on their inventory of mesh. It did appear at one time to have a pretty good selection of colors. They wanted $0.79 a sheet.

Hobby Lobby also carries it too. They also have a good selection of colors. They also have a great selection of plastic plants.

Our Joanne's doesn't carry it in their store but sell it online. The two Michael's we visited no longer carry it in their store either. In mid-late summer they had it on sale. I'm guessing since they were discontinuing it.

If you do order online like from Amazon read the reviews. I saw some people say the description was for 10-12 pieces. The only received one sheet for like $10!

With all of the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales you may be able to find some decent online deals. Look for deals like a percentage off or free shipping with a certain amount purchased.
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:43 am

Our Walmart still sells it as well! You can also order online with free shipping to your store, or what we do is order enough dry groceries to get it to their $35 minimum and get it all sent to the house for free. It's stuff we would be buying anyway so it's not impulse buys.

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:17 pm

Sorry I just saw this now. My neighbor had some for sale on the swap and shop, I bought one piece from her but she had more. If you haven't found any yet, I could see if she still has some and could pop it in the mail for you.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Overmountain1

Post by Overmountain1 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:53 pm

I have gotten my packs at Walmart, like 5-6 sheets for about $5. Sometimes they have it and sometimes it’s out, and it’s only the clearish color. But, it’s easy to grab from there! GL!!

Dave the Wondercrab~Pat~Maggie~ Billy~Pop~Corn~Ten~Sam~MissTeri~Tim~Gene~ Barry~Mr S~Princess + 5 Es + Mr EnDoh =my crabby clan!