Plastic canvas mesh?!

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Topic author
Crabby in NJ

Re: Plastic canvas mesh?!

Post by Crabby in NJ » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:39 pm

Motörcrab wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:19 am
We stopped in an A C Moore yesterday and they were low on their inventory of mesh. It did appear at one time to have a pretty good selection of colors. They wanted $0.79 a sheet.

Hobby Lobby also carries it too. They also have a good selection of colors. They also have a great selection of plastic plants.

Our Joanne's doesn't carry it in their store but sell it online. The two Michael's we visited no longer carry it in their store either. In mid-late summer they had it on sale. I'm guessing since they were discontinuing it.

If you do order online like from Amazon read the reviews. I saw some people say the description was for 10-12 pieces. The only received one sheet for like $10!

With all of the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales you may be able to find some decent online deals. Look for deals like a percentage off or free shipping with a certain amount purchased.

Yes, this is what I have seen online. Cheapest I saw was one sheet for $6 and change. Both michaels do not carry it near me, hobby lobby is way too far for me and unfortunately Walmart I checked today, it’s a super center and their was nothing close to it! I’m gunna get stuck going online and I would hate to spend that kind of money on one sheet this close to Xmas. Single mom problems lol story of my life. No big I’ll just wait until after Xmas and get it then. I wish the ac Moore didn’t close near me! Oh! And hobby lobby online had a good selection but with 8$ shipping....no thanks. I’ll give in eventually as I’m gunna have no choice. Thanks for your help!

:crabbigsmile:
Crabbing with my son now! My my, how things have changed!

Topic author
Crabby in NJ

Post by Crabby in NJ » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:40 pm

Again, ty to everyone that has given feedback! Much appreciated! I’ll get it in due time, just cannot pay $7+ for one sheet right now. That’s insane to me! Lol ty everyone!

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:22 am

Walmart has 6 for $3.87, if you get a chance to order or can check to see which stores close to you may have them. (All of ours are super centers and all carry them.) https://www.walmart.com/ip/Darice-10-5- ... t/36246080
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Topic author
Crabby in NJ

Post by Crabby in NJ » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:14 pm

wodesorel wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:22 am
Walmart has 6 for $3.87, if you get a chance to order or can check to see which stores close to you may have them. (All of ours are super centers and all carry them.) https://www.walmart.com/ip/Darice-10-5- ... t/36246080

I wound up getting them from amazon as nobody around here carries the stuff. They used to idk why they don’t anymore! After ordering, a wonderfully generous person pm’ed me and offered to send me a couple sheets as I had asked but I gratefully declined since mine were on their way in.
I just received them yesterday actually, and now I’m like....I have 6 sheets and only needed one. What can I use this stuff for?! Noooo clue! Lol

Again, ty to every single one of you to suggest options! I found em online, bought them and have the stuff to last me years now lol! Any ideas on what I could use it for other than the usual in and out of pools or lining a hamster wheel...Send those to me! Lol :crabbigsmile:

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:47 pm

Crabby in NJ wrote:

I wound up getting them from amazon as nobody around here carries the stuff. They used to idk why they don’t anymore! After ordering, a wonderfully generous person pm’ed me and offered to send me a couple sheets as I had asked but I gratefully declined since mine were on their way in.
I just received them yesterday actually, and now I’m like....I have 6 sheets and only needed one. What can I use this stuff for?! Noooo clue! Lol

Again, ty to every single one of you to suggest options! I found em online, bought them and have the stuff to last me years now lol! Any ideas on what I could use it for other than the usual in and out of pools or lining a hamster wheel...Send those to me! Lol :crabbigsmile:
I bought a set of 3 plastic risers in different sizes off of Amazon (4", 6", 8"), and covered the smallest one in mesh. I sewed 3 pieces together and used a couple of small pieces of vecro to keep them attached to the plastic. I'm going to do this to the 8" riser next. It won't fit in my 20 gal L, but it will be perfect when I upgrade to my 55 gal in a few weeks. Image
I also use the mesh as little ramps in my fresh/salt pools. ImageImageImage

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

My Pets: 2 Pomeranians, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 13 hermit crabs.
"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

Topic author
Crabby in NJ

Post by Crabby in NJ » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:47 pm

Ah! I never thought of using risers omg! Lol I used to sell origami owl and have sooo much jewelry and crap leftover but the one thing I never used were those acrylic risers...go figure right? Haha but amazing idea and maybe after Xmas I can get a bug one to make a second story for the pet sand I have! 😂🦀 would definitely be beneficial since right now I’m stuck with the 20l until something comes along close to me on Craigslist that’s bigger and not cost an arm and a leg! Thanks for the advice and pics!

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:23 pm

Crabby in NJ wrote:Ah! I never thought of using risers omg! Lol I used to sell origami owl and have sooo much jewelry and crap leftover but the one thing I never used were those acrylic risers...go figure right? Haha but amazing idea and maybe after Xmas I can get a bug one to make a second story for the pet sand I have! ImageImage would definitely be beneficial since right now I’m stuck with the 20l until something comes along close to me on Craigslist that’s bigger and not cost an arm and a leg! Thanks for the advice and pics!
You're welcome! I love the risers because the crabs can climb on them, and it still leaves a nice open area underneath for them to use (and for me to pile their shells, coco huts, etc. I thought about using containers upsidedown as a second level, but then a large portion of the tank is blocked up.
My 55 gal is currently sitting in my Dad's basement until I move. I got that tank about 10 years ago for free from a friend. It's had my fish and my tortoise in it. So now it will be passed on to my crabs. Hopefully they don't mind hand me downs lol. Image I wish I lived closer, I would help you move that 55 gal that's listed for free on here! Plus I don't drive due to medical issues. Image

My Pets: 2 Pomeranians, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 13 hermit crabs.
"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-

Topic author
Crabby in NJ

Post by Crabby in NJ » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:25 pm

Aww ty hun! Totally appreciate just the thoughtfulness being there! It is amazing to see that their are still wonderful people out there with a ❤️ Of gold.
I sent a message to see how heavy it would be. If I could get it in the truck, I could always pay someone around here to set it in my desired room in the house. I shall wait for the response regardless.

For risers, I remember looking at certain stores online and they had pretty good deals. I’ll have to try and find those websites again to compare prices after the new year. I’m definitely going to steal that idea from u and ty again for it!! 💯❣️

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:12 pm

Crabby in NJ wrote:Aww ty hun! Totally appreciate just the thoughtfulness being there! It is amazing to see that their are still wonderful people out there with a Image Of gold.
I sent a message to see how heavy it would be. If I could get it in the truck, I could always pay someone around here to set it in my desired room in the house. I shall wait for the response regardless.

For risers, I remember looking at certain stores online and they had pretty good deals. I’ll have to try and find those websites again to compare prices after the new year. I’m definitely going to steal that idea from u and ty again for it!! ImageImage
Yw! Image You'll have to let me know how you make out. I hope you can find someone to help you out. Image

I went back and checked and I paid about $26 for my set of 3 risers. It looks like they are selling for $29 now though. I'm sure you'll probably be able to find some better deals after the holidays! Image

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:02 am

The possibilities are endless based on your creativity!
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

Topic author
Crabby in NJ

Post by Crabby in NJ » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:36 am

Motörcrab wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:02 am
The possibilities are endless based on your creativity!
As I’m sure you can imagine....I’m not housing any creative bones in my body lol you and your wife’s tanks are gorgeous from what I’ve seen. What do y’all use the mesh for? :crabbigsmile: :D

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:22 pm

Motor made little boxes that they put popcorn in for the crabs! Also, this:

http://www.hermitcrabassociation.com/ph ... n#p1083031
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Topic author
Crabby in NJ

Post by Crabby in NJ » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:15 pm

curlysister wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:22 pm
Motor made little boxes that they put popcorn in for the crabs! Also, this:

http://www.hermitcrabassociation.com/ph ... n#p1083031
Omg! Never saw those pics before! Incredible! Thanks for sharing! I’m literally floored! Oh and is that a Mario reference on the cloud?! Omg to die for haha! They r talented for sure!

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:28 am

Yep! It's Lakitu! I was waiting for someone to take notice to him in his original Super Mario Brothers form!
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

Topic author
Crabby in NJ

Post by Crabby in NJ » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:57 pm

Motörcrab wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:28 am
Yep! It's Lakitu! I was waiting for someone to take notice to him in his original Super Mario Brothers form!
:banana: looove it! All of it but ESPECIALLY anything with a Mario reference! When we first initially set up our crabitat, my son and I decided our Mario figure should go in! He’s since been removed bc he won’t stay standing and I’m paranoid something will happen but he was definitely there for the crabbies if just a lil bit haha!