Where to Find Different Hermit Crab Species

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Topic author
jonathon1989

Where to Find Different Hermit Crab Species

Post by jonathon1989 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:28 pm

I know a lot of crab owners on here have different species but I can't seem to find any in my area besides Purple Pinchers. I am specifically interested in finding a Strawberry Land Hermit Crab.

Any ideas?

Xenocrab

Re: Where to Find Different Hermit Crab Species

Post by Xenocrab » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:00 pm

Look on the adoption pages

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

6 babies, 4 Es and 15 PPs.

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:04 pm

It can be hard to find them. Then when you do find them through adoption pages, people pick them up quick. Just keep searching different adoption pages and someday you might get lucky. Once in awhile some local pet shops will get them in too. I don’t like to promote buying but at the same time I don’t like to see people get criticized for buying either.

Xenocrab

Post by Xenocrab » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:12 pm

I agree with Riniky. Always try to adopt whenever possible. Be patient. Make sure you do your research before taking on exotics. They need somewhat special care. My husband and I are both guilty of buying strawberries and Es. However, we have rescued and adopted 15-20 crabs, if not more ( we have 44 total that we know of). Always try to do less harm, that's the bottom line. Be educated as well.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

6 babies, 4 Es and 15 PPs.