Etsy Sellers

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Topic author
Crabby7Crabber

Etsy Sellers

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:05 pm

Hi, everyone! I'm going to start shopping mainly on Etsy for hermit crab supplies, and I'd just like to know who owns the stores! If you do own one of them, I'd appreciate it if you told me here, so if I have a question or the like I can PM you about it! I know that Maddamay32 is ACrabADay, but besides that I don't know who's who. I can't wait to start ordering from you all, because I know your products will be good for them and you care about them! Thank you! :crabbigsmile:
Three PPs (Hoodini, Aaron Burr, and Jubali)
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

Motörcrab

Re: Etsy Sellers

Post by Motörcrab » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:40 am

Check the link in my signature. All the members that have stores, that I know of, are listed there.
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

Topic author
Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:15 am

Motörcrab wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:40 am
Check the link in my signature. All the members that have stores, that I know of, are listed there.
Thank you! :)
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

PattyJ4437

Post by PattyJ4437 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:29 pm

I was going to purchase some items off Etsy, but when I went to the cart my shipping was almost as much as what I purchased. Now I understand that it may very well have been multiple sellers, but not one seller had everything I wanted or needed. Etsy should be more involved with shipping prices. Not a fan of the process.
:(

Topic author
Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:01 pm

PattyJ4437 wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:29 pm
I was going to purchase some items off Etsy, but when I went to the cart my shipping was almost as much as what I purchased. Now I understand that it may very well have been multiple sellers, but not one seller had everything I wanted or needed. Etsy should be more involved with shipping prices. Not a fan of the process.
:(
Yeah, that's pretty annoying. But I think shipping is one of the things that gives the sellers a decent profit.

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:27 pm

A lot of the sellers on Etsy offer free shipping once you reach a certain dollar amount. I believe it is around $35. MT Pet Emporium and The Cholla Queen I know for sure offer that.

The Cholla Queen is one of my favorite go to shops. For cholla and other different foods, she has a great selection. Courtney has done a ton of research on creating bio active crabitats too. The YouTube video I always post in water threads is hers.

Topic author
Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:30 pm

Motörcrab wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:27 pm
A lot of the sellers on Etsy offer free shipping once you reach a certain dollar amount. I believe it is around $35. MT Pet Emporium and The Cholla Queen I know for sure offer that.

The Cholla Queen is one of my favorite go to shops. For cholla and other different foods, she has a great selection. Courtney has done a ton of research on creating bio active crabitats too. The YouTube video I always post in water threads is hers.
Thanks for the tip! I have a $25 gift card that I want to use to buy some things with for the tank, like color boasting powder and ropes. D'ya think I should wait until next weekend? (Because then I'll have an extra $10).

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:08 pm

I would wait. If you have $25 to spend you will probably use at least $6 or $7 for shipping. Wait another week and you will have the full $35 for food compared to just $18 or $19. You will basically be almost doubling the money spent on just food! It's a win all around!

In the mean time it doesn't hurt to start figuring out what your crabs will want to sample first. We have been try to cut down on our spending on crab food this year. With having so many crabs we can go through even big packages in a month or so. Making our own fruit and veggies and ordering in bulk from Amazon helps us a lot.

We just found several one ingredient dog treats on Amazon. All natural, no additives chicken, turkey giblets, beef nibs, salmon skin rolls, and chicken hearts. They were $8 each but ordering the same thing or similar would probably cost $30-50 or more each!

Topic author
Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:34 pm

Motörcrab wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:08 pm
I would wait. If you have $25 to spend you will probably use at least $6 or $7 for shipping. Wait another week and you will have the full $35 for food compared to just $18 or $19. You will basically be almost doubling the money spent on just food! It's a win all around!

In the mean time it doesn't hurt to start figuring out what your crabs will want to sample first. We have been try to cut down on our spending on crab food this year. With having so many crabs we can go through even big packages in a month or so. Making our own fruit and veggies and ordering in bulk from Amazon helps us a lot.

We just found several one ingredient dog treats on Amazon. All natural, no additives chicken, turkey giblets, beef nibs, salmon skin rolls, and chicken hearts. They were $8 each but ordering the same thing or similar would probably cost $30-50 or more each!
Thanks for the suggestion! Have $120 for amazon so will defineatly be looking! :lol:

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sun May 17, 2020 11:28 am

I just wanted to remind you that hermit crabs can also eat a lot of the things that you eat :) It isn't necessary to purchase foods from specialty stores. You can also purchase organic baby food and freeze them into small amounts.

Safe food list: http://hermitcrabassociation.com/phpBB/ ... 25&t=92557
Unsafe food list: http://hermitcrabassociation.com/phpBB/ ... 25&t=92556
Food pyramid: http://hermitcrabassociation.com/phpBB/ ... 25&t=92554
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Sun May 17, 2020 7:56 pm

GotButterflies wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 11:28 am
I just wanted to remind you that hermit crabs can also eat a lot of the things that you eat :) It isn't necessary to purchase foods from specialty stores. You can also purchase organic baby food and freeze them into small amounts.

Safe food list: http://hermitcrabassociation.com/phpBB/ ... 25&t=92557
Unsafe food list: http://hermitcrabassociation.com/phpBB/ ... 25&t=92556
Food pyramid: http://hermitcrabassociation.com/phpBB/ ... 25&t=92554
Thanks, GotButterflies! As I've settled into the community I'm finding lots of great food my crabs and I love to eat :D I'm really glad to be part of the HCA!
Edit: Been on for four months, and it's really awesome ^^ So grateful for all the wonderful, helpful people on here. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, guys! :lol:
Last edited by Crabby7Crabber on Mon May 18, 2020 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sun May 17, 2020 11:00 pm

Yw! Glad to hear! :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com