LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Careyenz

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by Careyenz » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:29 am

Well, I ordered 3 blues this morning. I'm not in a rush for them since my upgrade will probably take two weeks to complete. It is getting towards the end of the season, so if anything, that concerns me. I'm not facing Alaskan temperature extremes like Wolf, but fall hits pretty quickly in Pittsburgh. I don't want this to linger into late September. I'll also keep everyone posted as I hear anything. I did ask for a specific shipping period because I will be home from work for a week. I understand that most likely will not happen, but I thought I should ask. She did a great job accommodating me before. Too bad it doesn't sound like there is any level of service now.
Careyenz, mom to Collin-7, Lily-4, 4 Straws, 5 Blues, 2 Violas, 2 E's, 2 PP's, and 3 cats.

patchouliii

Post by patchouliii » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:59 am

Please keep us posted! I ordered on the 3rd and will do the same. So far I have heard nothing from them!! I sent them an e-mail this morning to stir things up a bit. We'll see how this whole saga unfolds.
Crabbiopolis est. 2010.
Population: 30% Clypeatus, 25% Brevimanus, 25% Compressus, 20% Violascens.
http://s1265.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... i/library/

Headmistress of a half a dozen +1 breech-ling (human eggs)

tigermoon89

Post by tigermoon89 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:32 am

I've decided to wait as well. I'm not in that much of a hurry but the fall weather concerns me- we've had a warmer summer than usual and I'm hoping it will hold out through september.
I ordered from her last year, costumer service wasn't that great and after weeks of waiting for a response I almost cancelled my order. I had to wait about 2 months before I could get my crabs due to an issue with her vendor that had things delayed. She did however have great service when I had a concern with one of my straws (it had a weird foot long worm like thing that came out of its shell when it went #2...) She was even willing to send me a new straw if we determined that the worm was harmful to the crab. Thankfully it wasn't.
Crystal
"There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher

My organic hermit crab food store, Crabby Teas is now up and running! Please feel free to check out the shop. Mention the HCA and I will include a free gift! http://www.etsy.com/shop/CrabbyTeas?ref=pr_shop

patchouliii

Post by patchouliii » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:16 pm

I just received an e-mail:

Hi. We apologize for the delay. We were promised stock by July 31st, unfortunately our supplier held up our shipment. We heard from him late last night and due to a holiday in his country they will be on vacation until the 27th. We will have our shipment the beginning of september. We really apologize for the delay which is beyond our control. We are offering a free crab to say thank you for your patience!

So, I emailed her back and told her it was fine as long as she changes my order in return and to send a confirmation of the new order. Will keep you posted.
Crabbiopolis est. 2010.

Topic author
kip.rogers357
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by kip.rogers357 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:16 pm

i'm a little bit upset that I wasn't offered a spare crab to make up for the inconvinience! ;-) just kidding!
keep up the updates! I'm curious as to how this whole thing will play out, i'm upset and I hope everything works out for you all!
17 Year Crabber!
27 Hermit Crabs - 1,020gl Crabitat

patchouliii

Post by patchouliii » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:31 am

DUE TO A HOLIDAY IN THEIR COUNTRY, THEY ARE ON VACATION UNTIL THE 27TH AND WILL THEN BOOK A SHIPMENT DATE. CRABS WILL NEED TO DE-STRESS AND WILL NOT SHIP IMMEDIATELY.

There you go.... We're looking at mid-September then.... :scratch:
Crabbiopolis est. 2010.

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:43 am

Unless it's a country with hermit crabs that celebrates Ramadan as a national holiday (and I don't think there is), I can't think of a single Pacific nation that has a month long official holiday. I'm thinking that it's the supplier that went on "holiday" ie "vacation". Someone correct me if I'm wrong please, because this "month-long holiday" thing has had me scratching my head since it was first mentioned.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Kilimanjaro

Post by Kilimanjaro » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:45 am

wodesorel wrote:Unless it's a country with hermit crabs that celebrates Ramadan as a national holiday (and I don't think there is), I can't think of a single Pacific nation that has a month long official holiday. I'm thinking that it's the supplier that went on "holiday" ie "vacation". Someone correct me if I'm wrong please, because this "month-long holiday" thing has had me scratching my head since it was first mentioned.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think Indonesia has a large percentage of people who practice the Muslim faith. :) If they source their crabs from Indonesia (where basically every exotic species can be found), then perhaps that is why they are on holiday. :dontknow:

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:50 am

I thought it was over on the 19th, but I forgot about Shawwal. You're right Kili, that's probably it! Thanks for making me google it. :)
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Careyenz

Post by Careyenz » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:31 am

Honestly, I'm glad they are handling it the right way, rather than just sending the crabs out immediately. My big fear with this situation was that I was going to get a mite infested crab that was stressed beyond repair. I still might get a crab with mites, but at least I can feel comfortable that they've been treated and handled with their best intentions in mind. I definitely don't mind waiting a few extra weeks for a healthy crabs!
Careyenz, mom to Collin-7, Lily-4, 4 Straws, 5 Blues, 2 Violas, 2 E's, 2 PP's, and 3 cats.

patchouliii

Post by patchouliii » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:10 pm

wodesorel wrote:I thought it was over on the 19th, but I forgot about Shawwal. You're right Kili, that's probably it! Thanks for making me google it. :)
:) You ARE right. This is our month of "Shawwal", and we just got done celebrating EID-UL-FITR (After Ramadan Celebration)
a couple of days ago. So I guess it's valid. And I am glad that they are de-stressing instead of simply sending them out all jacked up :roll:
So let's keep one another posted. I ordered on August 3rd. What about everyone else? :)
Crabbiopolis est. 2010.

JGoldnSparkleCity79

Post by JGoldnSparkleCity79 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:48 am

I got the same automatic reply when i sent an email asking about an eta on the large strawberry that i ordered. Said the supplier was on holiday vacation til the 27th and then would schedule a shipping date and then destress and then they would send my order. So i'm just hoping that it isn't any longer than another week to ten days.... I'm really anxious to get my hermie and hope i get an extra for the inconvenience.

Otter

Post by Otter » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:55 am

Well I wanted to let everyone know I got my refund it took 5 business days for it to be returned to my bank but not a problem with the refund. I have to say I have not really had a bad experience with this company they returned all my emails right away and when I asked for a refund they said ok and sent it. I think what I am most uncomfortable with is them processing my credit card so fast and not being able to send out my order for at least a month and a half or maybe longer. I will watch this tread and see how things go with people receiving their crabs and if things go well I may place a small order later in September.

John

parrothead

Post by parrothead » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:05 am

Hey guys/gals! I haven't been active for a few weeks and just logged on to see this thread. I placed an order with Livehermitcrabs.com on July 10th for $159 and have has the same email responses as most of you and still have NO crabs :roll:

Having said that, this is the email I just sent:

I have been in contact with you about my order, and am aware that it will be late September before I receive it. I placed my order on July 10th and paid $158 for my crabs. This is clearly a large amount and I have been more than patient. I am a member of Hermitcrabassociation.com and noticed there are quite a few of unhappy clients that have demanded refunds from you as a result. I have copied a link to our site that has 42 different complaints against your business and think you should be aware of the reputation you are making amongst our 'community'. I only point this out to you in hopes that you can repair the damage with your customers because without them, you have no business. I am a business owner myself and am no spring chicken, and if these comments were being made about our customers experiences I would want to know.

http://www.hermitcrabassociation.com/ph ... 30&t=87470

Careyenz

Post by Careyenz » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:39 pm

Wow, good for you! Although, I would think to some degree she's got to be aware of what's being said. The average person out there isn't ordering exotic hermit crabs. I always kind of figured LHC would be on one of these forums somewhere.