LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

patchouliii

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by patchouliii » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:34 pm

OMG!! Wish I had of read this before I ordered! I ordered last week. Will keep you posted :(
Crabbiopolis est. 2010.
Population: 30% Clypeatus, 25% Brevimanus, 25% Compressus, 20% Violascens.
http://s1265.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... i/library/

Headmistress of a half a dozen +1 breech-ling (human eggs)

Topic author
kip.rogers357
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by kip.rogers357 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:03 pm

patchouliii wrote:OMG!! Wish I had of read this before I ordered! I ordered last week. Will keep you posted :(
I hope you don't have the same issues I had! Maybe I just have bad luck :-/
Please do keep us posted!
17 Year Crabber!
27 Hermit Crabs - 1,020gl Crabitat

patchouliii

Post by patchouliii » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:37 pm

Will do.
Quick update: E-mailed last week about my order. Have not heard from her yet :(
Crabbiopolis est. 2010.

Temeriki

Post by Temeriki » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:09 am

I ordered 6 EE's on the 3rd of august sent two emails asking if I could arrange a particular delivery day. Havnt heard a word back, Im just afraid their gonna ship without the shipping info page updating leaving no one to get them out of the mail box :-/
1 PP Thor
7 Ecuadorians: Dr Zoidberg and others
Rip Kong, Herman and Pippin

Otter

Post by Otter » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:16 pm

I wish I had seen this tread myself before I sent out my order.I just place an order with them on Aug, 6 and have not herd back from them just and automated email saying they got the order.

I just sent them an email and asked for an update and when they might be shipping my crabs and hope to hear back soon.

I will let you all know if I hear anything. I should have listened to the voice in my head that said maybe this is not a good place to order from.

I also really don't like doing business with a company that dose not list a phone number to contact them and talk to a live person.

Well lets all hope they communicate and send out our orders soon,

John

tigermoon89

Post by tigermoon89 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:24 pm

I placed my order July 13th. I emailed on August 1st to ask when she would be shipping out since I want to order H. Miles and time the orders correctly. ( I ordered 2 blueberries, 2 ruggies, and 2 straws).
This is what she said: "Hi. I held off on the shipment as my supplier didn't have blues in stock. Figured I would wait another week to see if they come in. I'll be sending emails when they are due to ship".

It's now the 14th of august and still no word on shipment :-(
I hate having to dread emailing a company wondering if I'll actually get a response. I have to send another one today to see what's going on. I work 6am-3 most days through the week and need to time things correctly.
Crystal
"There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher

My organic hermit crab food store, Crabby Teas is now up and running! Please feel free to check out the shop. Mention the HCA and I will include a free gift! http://www.etsy.com/shop/CrabbyTeas?ref=pr_shop

Otter

Post by Otter » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:39 pm

Well I sent them a email this morning and was glad to hear back from them.

This is what they told me about my order.

They apologized for the delay and said there supplier promised to have stock to them by July 31st. They said they herd from their supplier late last night and due to a holiday in his country they will be on vacation until Aug, 27th. Livehermitcrabs said they will get there shipment in early September. They said they really apologize for the delay which is beyond their control and offered to give me a free crab to thank me for my patience.

I asked them to please refund my credit card for my payment and cancel my order. I would look at ordering another time after the crabs are in stock. They responded again and said the that they would refund my card but if I order again there may still be a delay of my order as they have over 100 orders pending to fill.

I said thank you but I would like my refund and I guess at this point I will wait and see when the money is back in my bank account.

I am happy they have responded to my emails and hope to see my refund soon. I still have a few concerns with how they are running their business as I do not think they should be processing charges to credit cards until they are ready to ship out the order and it still is on the website that they should have the crabs by the end of July I think that should be corrected as it suggests that orders will be going out much sooner than actually will be.

So far they seem nice enough and I hope they do the right thing and refund my money asap. I run my own internet business communication and customer service is everything when you sell online.

I will keep you posted on when I get my refund.

John

wolfnipplechips

Post by wolfnipplechips » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:47 pm

Glad you're getting a refund. If they don't respond or give me mine by tomorrow ( I ordered a couple indos a while ago), I'm going to start the process myself. :| It's too late in the year to send crabs to me, as it's starting to get cold at night. I am never giving them my business again, and never recommending them to anybody.
Crabby since May 2009
Hermit Crab Food Store: http://alaskahermit.com/
Pets: crabs, cats, lizards, flesh eating beetles, isopods, betta fish

Careyenz

Post by Careyenz » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:54 pm

@Otter, what kind of crabs did you order? I am upgrading later this week, and wanted to reward my hard work with two small blues. I am surprised that they are still listed as available, since there seems to be such a back order issue. I'm also a little concerned that if they are going to be shipped out so quickly, a serious mite problem might erupt if she's being less than careful in their treatment in order to fill orders quickly. I think I'll probably still place the order and hope for the best, but it's disconcerting. I actually had great service with them the first time I placed an order. She was quick to reply and handled my special request great. Guess it was off peak time.
Careyenz, mom to Collin-7, Lily-4, 4 Straws, 5 Blues, 2 Violas, 2 E's, 2 PP's, and 3 cats.

patchouliii

Post by patchouliii » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:34 pm

Careyenz wrote: I actually had great service with them the first time I placed an order. She was quick to reply and handled my special request great. Guess it was off peak time.
Same here. I ordered in 2010 and ha great service!! Looks like I'm going to be canceling soon. WHY are they charging the card BEFORE shipping!?? Bad business!! :evil:
Crabbiopolis est. 2010.

tigermoon89

Post by tigermoon89 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:50 pm

patchouliii wrote: WHY are they charging the card BEFORE shipping!?? Bad business!! :evil:
Agreed!
Crystal
"There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher

My organic hermit crab food store, Crabby Teas is now up and running! Please feel free to check out the shop. Mention the HCA and I will include a free gift! http://www.etsy.com/shop/CrabbyTeas?ref=pr_shop

Topic author
kip.rogers357
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by kip.rogers357 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:46 pm

It is unbelievable that there are so many problems with what once was the best. I'm glad I asked for my refund (which took 7 days to process) when I did, if not I'm sure I would have been told to wait until September. That's just ridiculous! And it is absolutely no way to run a business! It upsets me that they haven't even updated the website!
It sucks that we experienced this :-/
17 Year Crabber!
27 Hermit Crabs - 1,020gl Crabitat

wolfnipplechips

Post by wolfnipplechips » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:06 pm

Sent a second e-mail, heard back within ten minutes. :| Says they will issue a refund today. I would have waited if I lived some place warmer, but I agree...bad business lately. I think she's in over her head. :( No other place to get indos... :( :( :( My fav species.
Crabby since May 2009

wolfnipplechips

Post by wolfnipplechips » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:05 pm

Yay got my refund. :D
Crabby since May 2009

Otter

Post by Otter » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:48 pm

I had ordered 2 blues, 2 straws, 2 ruggies, and 2 indos and a couple of es.

It is all just a bit strange I really don't think I would be as bothered by this if I had just received an email telling me that the crabs had not come in yet and if I would like to wait until they arrived I would be informed when it was my turn to get my crabs shipped.

Then when they contact me about the shipping date run my credit card for the transaction. If they would have done that I would most likely said cool and waited my turn but to have them hold my money until who knows when just does not feel right to me. The site implies that the crabs should have been there by end of july and it takes about two weeks for them to get out an order. What bugs me here is it seems that everyone is getting a different story and that is the kind of thing that make me very uncomfortable.

I am glad some have gotten their refunds and hope I will be back to say the same soon,