The Hermit Crab Garden ~ CLEARANCE!

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Amazilia

Re: The Hermit Crab Garden

Post by Amazilia » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:14 am

One of my PPs, Pink eating a Sweet Star :) The little booger ran off with the cookie after I took the shot.
Excuse the quality and distance, it was taken by my phone :p
20 Purple Pinchers in a 200g,10 Ecuadorians in a 40g,1 Salmon Pink Tarantula: Susie
2 Inca dogs: Rufus(Red&white hairless) & Lilac(White half-hairless), 1 Cinnamon Ferret: Smooch
2 Button Quails: Ruth & Dove, 6 Lovebirds,3 Chickens: Jade, Yin & Lace

Topic author
wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:10 am

Avery wrote:I've just spent hours trolling the internet for turbos. Mainly because I'm looking for something specific, but I can't seem to find them any smaller than 85mm. (whole shell, not opening , of course) That's a bit TO big right now. At this point I'll settle for jade turbos, they are well loved. :D
That would be roughly the same size as what I can get. Maybe a hair smaller, but not by much. :( 85mm works out to about 3.25 inches, which would be around a 1 & 1/2 opening. (Based on the ones I got last time from the same place a couple were smaller then that. The other place where I ordered 3 inch sent me 4 inch behemoths.)

Amazilia wrote:One of my PPs, Pink eating a Sweet Star :) The little booger ran off with the cookie after I took the shot.
Thank you for the photo!! :clap:
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Topic author
wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:59 pm

Shells have been ordered, they should be here by this weekend! Unfortunately one of the joys of buying in bulk is that I won't know what I'm getting for sure until it gets here. :roll: They never contact if they're out of something before they stick in the mail. If the Jades do come, I'll contact you two (frak and Avery) first.

And I think I missed some posts! :oops:

Thanks Amazilia and Ammolite! :)

LucasBinx wrote:Hmm would the cookies be rabbit safe? I will be fostering 2 of my school's rabbits over the Christmas holiday. I have some of Wode's cookies from when she first opened the store, so the original cookies she made. But since they're not my rabbits, I wasn't sure if they'd be safe even though I'm sure they are hah
They are heavy with coconut products - the flour, the flaked, and then the nectar. IF rabbits can safely have coconut then the stars and hearts would be okay for them. The circles have egg shells, crushed coral and mineral sand in them.
Rocky wrote:In all seriousness, if anyone here has rats, wode's food is amazing 8) I've been giving a lot of it to them recently, not because the crabs don't like it, but because the rats appreciate it more. I gave one of my big boys a cookie and I think if he was a person he would of cried with joy (but he resigned himself to hiding in a corner to eat it and snuffling everywhere for crumbs later)
She has one of the test batches that I made earlier this year! NOT the same thing that are for sale now.

Rocky

Post by Rocky » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:25 pm

Oooooooooops forgot to mention that :oops: but I do intend to try aramath heart cookies with them and the crabs soon! :)
We're not asked to do great things, we're asked to do all things with great care.
Rocky's Reptile Rescue: https://www.facebook.com/RockysReptileRescue
Stop the demand. End the trade.

fluffycalico

Post by fluffycalico » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:20 pm

wode can you contact me when the shells become available too?
11 pps
3 es
4 cats shadow, whitesox, bits and fuzzy mcflufferton

Topic author
wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:30 pm

fluffycalico wrote:wode can you contact me when the shells become available too?
Do you need the big ones (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch openings)? I'll be adding the rest of the new shells to the site as soon as they get cleaned and measured. :) I finally finished cleaning up the ones that I already had on hand, and I'm just waiting for them to dry out all the way first before I can sort them.

fluffycalico

Post by fluffycalico » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:14 pm

im in more need of medim and medlarge shells at the moment...
11 pps
3 es
4 cats shadow, whitesox, bits and fuzzy mcflufferton

LucasBinx

Post by LucasBinx » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:55 pm

Alright, thanks for the reply! Though, I probably won't give them one since rabbits are not rodents and those ingredients probably wouldn't sit well with their unique digestive system:p

And I totally plan on ordering more stuff for my crabs! That Tropical blend looks like something they'd love~ And some more coconut definitely. Ugh and those banana chips look so good to eat hah

Avery

Post by Avery » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:07 pm

Thanks Wode. 1.5 in jade Turbo's will be good. The Indos will be wearing them after their next molt. Yea!!! :D

I was looking for a specialty shell. Its a turbo, but not the normal turbos we generally supply our crabs with. I love it so much, but they are hard to locate... especially in the right sizes.
Be yourself, everyone else is already taken (Oscar Wilde)
Human mom to: Straws, PP's, Indos, Violas, E's, Goldfish, Julii Cory Cat's, dogs, cats & a teenager

maymay

Post by maymay » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:06 am

I got my order the other day! thanks so much! just had one question...the dried veggies and leaves/grasses/flowers/etc, can they stay out at room temp? if so how long will they last like that?? I like to try to keep all the crabs food in the freezer but freezer space is low right now so I need to move some of their stuff out.

Topic author
wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:31 am

Everything but items containing coconut and banana can be left at room temp and will normally stay good for at least a year if kept dry, dark and cool. :) The bags that need tossed in the freezer/fridge should be labeled.

maymay

Post by maymay » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:02 pm

wodesorel wrote:Everything but items containing coconut and banana can be left at room temp and will normally stay good for at least a year if kept dry, dark and cool. :) The bags that need tossed in the freezer/fridge should be labeled.
Great! Thanks so so much. I'm super excited to try them out on the food tonight :D They are definately gonna get a piece of a cookie tonight (your cookies are almost as big as my crabbies lol)!

maymay

Post by maymay » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:58 am

The crab that was up last night really liked the star cookie, amaranth, and sorghum stick I put in (well pieces of as my crabs are only a little bigger than your cookies lol!), I found pieces scattered everywhere this morning :D

Topic author
wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:37 am

The holidays are kicking my butt this year. :reindeer:

I am keeping up with orders that are coming in, but shipping might be a bit delayed next week seeing as how we do three days of family. (My fam the 24th, his fam the 25th, and then just us on the 26th. I love Boxing Day the best, and it's not even a holiday in this country. ;) )

The new shells are probably not going to get touched until after the family craziness is over, but I am going to attempt to work on them when I have time. I still have something like 65 dozen (human) cookies to bake, with two dozen of those being those super-dooper delicately decorated cut-outs like you see on TV.

Yay holidays! /sarcasm/
:santa:

LucasBinx

Post by LucasBinx » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:29 pm

Received my package today! I was sooo happy to see it by my door, especially since I was at work all day. Going to offer the Chowder to them tonight~ And thank you for some banana chips *hugs* You are so amazing and I will always be a returning customer.

And all the extra padding will not be wasted. I have saved it to be re-used(: