Encouraging Breeding?

This area is dedicated to the pioneers who have captive bred crabs, and for those who wish to learn more or attempt it themselves. Also for inquiring about the gender of your crabs.

Liam9653

Re: Encouraging Breeding?

Post by Liam9653 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:35 am

As practice and logic suggest, for reproduction it is necessary to create the most comfortable conditions. It takes a lot of space and good food. This is the easiest recipe like the one for most :)

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:49 pm

Liam9653 wrote:As practice and logic suggest, for reproduction it is necessary to create the most comfortable conditions. It takes a lot of space and good food. This is the easiest recipe like the one for most :)
You forgot the most important part: Crabs of each sex! Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

odelayheehoo

Post by odelayheehoo » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:57 pm

Liam9653 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:35 am
As practice and logic suggest, for reproduction it is necessary to create the most comfortable conditions. It takes a lot of space and good food. This is the easiest recipe like the one for most :)
There's much more to breeding than just a good diet and comfort, breeding hermit crabs is not easy in captivity.
Keeper Since 2016
75G - 10PP

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:27 pm

odelayheehoo wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:57 pm
There's much more to breeding than just a good diet and comfort, breeding hermit crabs is not easy in captivity.
Actually, getting them breeding and getting eggs really is that easy. Happy crabs means eggs at some point. All of us long timers have had it happen many times over the years.

Hatching the eggs and raising the babies is something else entirely!
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram