We have eggs!

This area is dedicated to the pioneers who have captive bred crabs, and for those who wish to learn more or attempt it themselves. Also for inquiring about the gender of your crabs.

Paradi

Re: We have eggs!

Post by Paradi » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:14 pm

I'm sorry to hear! If they mated once, they'll likely mate again. I wouldn't worry yourself with it too much. Nature is cruel, and it's not worth worrying too much. She'll be gravid again. Maybe next time leave her be to do her thing. She may have felt too stressed by all the attention and ended up eating them. But I'd check the water bowl just to be safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rawrgeous

Post by Rawrgeous » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:49 am

I'm sorry it didn't work out this time, but don't give up. Like the others said: there will likely be many other times to try, and I'm sure you will eventually get there. If it where easy it wouldn't be rewarding right? :D Looking forward to your future breeding endeavors, and keep up being the awesome crabby parent that you are!

Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:50 am

So sorry, mlakers Image I think you did the best you could for Garbo and maybe she just wasn't feeling right this time around. Will keep our hopes up for u and ur crew that the next time is successful :)

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:09 am

Bummer mlakers! I agree with pinchersandshells though, you are so fortunate to have successful breeding in your tank! How do you know she didn't drop the eggs in the msw? I'm sorry if we swayed your opinion on what to do! Don't beat yourself up about it. You are obviously doing a lot of things right to have such an awesome tank! Can't wait to see what happens in the future!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Paradi

Post by Paradi » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:21 am

GotButterflies wrote:Bummer mlakers! I agree with pinchersandshells though, you are so fortunate to have successful breeding in your tank! How do you know she didn't drop the eggs in the msw? I'm sorry if we swayed your opinion on what to do! Don't beat yourself up about it. You are obviously doing a lot of things right to have such an awesome tank! Can't wait to see what happens in the future!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's what I was thinking! I wonder if they're in the water, just hard to see. I'd be scanning that water bowl with a magnifying glass if it were my crabs lol. If not I'm willing to bet there WILL be a next time Image

Topic author
mlakers

Post by mlakers » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:51 am

Paradi wrote:I'm sorry to hear! If they mated once, they'll likely mate again. I wouldn't worry yourself with it too much. Nature is cruel, and it's not worth worrying too much. She'll be gravid again. Maybe next time leave her be to do her thing. She may have felt too stressed by all the attention and ended up eating them. But I'd check the water bowl just to be safeImage

Thank you! I will keep checking the water dish. You never know.