More eggs!

This area is dedicated to the pioneers who have captive bred crabs, and for those who wish to learn more or attempt it themselves. Also for inquiring about the gender of your crabs.

Topic author
RiNiKy506

More eggs!

Post by RiNiKy506 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:08 pm

I was peeking in on my crew at about 2am (Friday) and I saw my little Crabina moving in and out of her shell, kinda messing around so I decided to pull her out and check her bc my largest male has been bothering all of my little females, plus the spawning in the salt pool that happened in May. I’m trying to keep an eye out now bc I had no idea that the first one had eggs. It’s so funny bc he is huge and she is tiny! It’s all just so unexpected, I’m not trying to breed them. I’m going to try raising the zoeae myself this time, if she spawns in the salt pool. I asked Mary Akers for some help on what to get and she sent me some very helpful information. If anyone else has any help on raising zoeae, please share! Lol! Image

Crabby7Crabber

Re: More eggs!

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:36 pm

Congrats! :cheer:
Three PPs (Hoodini, Aaron Burr, and Jubali)
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

JoeHermits
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JoeHermits » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:51 pm

How exciting! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:58 pm

Aw babies! How awesome!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

ROSIEonFIRE

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:51 am

Grats! Keep us posted!

I keep wondering when I'll get a spawn. I have no idea how many of my crabs are males / females in my tank but with 7 crabs I figure it will probably happen eventually!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Topic author
RiNiKy506

More eggs!

Post by RiNiKy506 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:03 am

ROSIEonFIRE wrote:Grats! Keep us posted!

I keep wondering when I'll get a spawn. I have no idea how many of my crabs are males / females in my tank but with 7 crabs I figure it will probably happen eventually!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Thank you everyone! Yeah it’ll happen or if it hasn’t happened and you didn’t notice. They could have had eggs and spawned on the sand and everyone got some nice escargot. I didn’t even know my first one had eggs, I just found zoeae. I’ve just been checking now that I know it is happening, it’s rly such an unexpected thing. Lol