what do i do? i give up.

For the discussion of any creepy crawlies that may have taken up residence in your tank, including mites. Please note that isopods have their own forum.

Topic author
purplepincher

what do i do? i give up.

Post by purplepincher » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:35 pm

help. i have crab mites. they are white little things with fat butts and are attacking the food in great number. the crabs have not been touched yet, i am giving them a mite bath. i give up. please respond because i have 2 molters now and cant replace the substrate.
I love my little Acorn! #besthermitcrabever
I also Love Jesus! My favorite food is doughnuts, my favorite drink is orange soda,
and my favorite color is gold! (I like shiny things)

I am also a Die hard Lego fan!

Oliviet#1

Re: what do i do? i give up.

Post by Oliviet#1 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:40 pm

Go into the bugs forum and look at the pictures of the top two topics with exclamation points. If the bugs you have look like any of them let us know
I have had pets in the past, but my family can’t have any furry or feathered ones due to allergies. I usually try my best to help and currently trying to set up a crabitat. I also try to treat others with Love!❤️

Oliviet#1

Post by Oliviet#1 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:43 pm

If they are food mites they shouldn’t hurt your crabs but if they were on your crabs let us know
I have had pets in the past, but my family can’t have any furry or feathered ones due to allergies. I usually try my best to help and currently trying to set up a crabitat. I also try to treat others with Love!❤️

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:05 pm

More than likely you have food mites. They are completely normal and harmless. You would just defeat them by feeding dry foods, and or only offer the foods at night when the hermits are active. Remove the food during the day. :) This will decrease the food mite population. Please don't worry about them. They won't hurt your crabs. :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com