Fly paper or tape?

For the discussion of any creepy crawlies that may have taken up residence in your tank, including mites. Please note that isopods have their own forum.

Topic author
Kermie16

Fly paper or tape?

Post by Kermie16 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:44 pm

Found what looks like a gnat in the tank. Wondering if there is a recommendation for the brand of fly paper or tape to use? Right now I just have some double stick foam in the tank on the under side of the versatop hinged glass topper. I went to the store today but all I found was fly ribbon?? Is that the same thing? Also, is this fairly easy to get off of the glass top when no longer needed? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Fly paper or tape?

Post by GotButterflies » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:02 pm

This is what I would use. Don't use the green post. Just use the yellow tape, and use a piece of scotch tape to adhere it to your glass top. https://www.amazon.com/Safer-Houseplant ... =gnat+tape
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:27 pm

Ordered it! Thanks, GB!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:09 pm

Yw! Good luck! :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com