Gnats in my tank!!

For the discussion of any creepy crawlies that may have taken up residence in your tank, including mites. Please note that isopods have their own forum.

Topic author
Tracy362

Gnats in my tank!!

Post by Tracy362 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:31 pm

Hi All!!

I have just noticed that there are LOTS of gnats in my crab tank!! Since my tank is at work...I REALLY need to get rid of these things ASAP!!

Can anyone help me? This the 1st time I've ever had hermit crabs...so, I'm a TOTAL newbie!

Thanks!

Tracy

Giner13

Re: Gnats in my tank!!

Post by Giner13 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:55 pm

Check food sources & change out. I had some the other day & realized I also had a piece of moldy banana that a hermit tried to hide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Gnats in my tank!!

Post by GotButterflies » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:00 pm

Switch to dry foods only. Only put foods in when hermits are out and about to eat, then remove.

If possible put double sided yellow sticky tape made by safer to catch gnats. Hang it at the top of the cage where the hermits cannot reach it. Some people have made vinegar water bottle traps, but that has never worked for me. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com