Live cricket in crabitat

For the discussion of any creepy crawlies that may have taken up residence in your tank, including mites. Please note that isopods have their own forum.

Topic author
Links

Live cricket in crabitat

Post by Links » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:48 pm

So about a month ago I picked some things in the backyard for the crabs to munch on like clover and dandelions in a few days later I noticed a teeny tiny cricket in what I picked from the backyard. I haven’t seen the cricket in sometime but I saw it once a week or two later and it had grown now I can hear chirping in the crabitat. does anybody see any problem with me leaving that cricket in there I don’t even know if I could find it if I had to.??? 🦗

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Live cricket in crabitat

Post by wodesorel » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:56 am

I wouldn't be worried, just make sure there is always food available for it to eat - and it will eat the same meals as the hermits.

Crickets are generally only a problem if you get a breeding pair, or you have an already gravid female. Then you can end up with clouds of baby crickets and those you will never be rid of! One cricket isolated as a youngster will never reproduce.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Topic author
Links

Post by Links » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:45 pm

Lol just wanted to make sure. I will name him/her Jiminy 😜

Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:27 pm

Links wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:45 pm
Lol just wanted to make sure. I will name him/her Jiminy 😜
Haha!
Three PPs (Hoodini, Aaron Burr, and Jubali)
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺