Ant spray

For the discussion of any creepy crawlies that may have taken up residence in your tank, including mites. Please note that isopods have their own forum.

Topic author

Ant spray

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:59 pm

My husband sprayed ant spray right near my tank. I wasn't in the room, I was in the shower. When I came out, I smelled it and asked where he sprayed. I quickly covered the tank, and then turned fans on.

How soon would this affect the crabs? Do I look for signs or just them dying?

Topic author

oh

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:01 pm

I'm not sure...sorry. Just make sure NO smell gets into your tank. If there has, maybe move your crabs somewhere out of that room. Maybe use an old tank to make a emporarily ISO. Good luck!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:10 pm

It's hard to say, Vicki, and depends on the dose they got. Which active ingredient is in it? Maybe we can figure out HOW toxic it is and if you need to really worry or not. I can run it through Extoxnet and see what the story is.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:55 pm

Oh no! What kind of lid do you have? Maybe none of it got in, since those sprays are not so "floaty" as they are meant to settle down onto surfaces.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:00 am

}}}}}}}}smacking hubby in the head{{{{{{{{{{

[smilie=lecturef.gif] [smilie=lecturef.gif] [smilie=lecturef.gif] [smilie=lecturef.gif] [smilie=lecturef.gif]

Bad hubby :evil: !!

[smilie=joke.gif] :D

I hope they are Ok. I think the fan thing was a good idea. I really don't know what else you could do, since I'm pretty sure I remember you having a very large tank. [smilie=fingerscrossed.jpg] [smilie=fingerscrossed.jpg] [smilie=luck.gif]

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:04 pm

How are they doing Vckums?

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:09 pm

Yes definately Bad Hubby! The are ok. I havent dug around in the tank but the ones that are out seem ok. Thank Goodness!

MacandHunter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by MacandHunter » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:26 pm

Glad to hear they are ok. :)

But uhh can't you just use a napkin or tissue to kill an ant.... :|
Crabbing since 7/4/04 - 10 years!
I'm not asking salvation from you - I'm just asking to be safe for a while
make it easy - make this easy
it's not as heavy as it seems
wrapped in metal -wrapped in ivy - painted in mint ice cream