Isopod?

For everything isopod - breeding, keeping, and as clean up crews. Also known as pill bugs and rolly-pollies!

Topic author
piratetoothgir

Isopod?

Post by piratetoothgir » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:26 am

Where would I be able to get isopods, such a wood lice?
Is there a certain place to get the money, and how many do I need in my crabitat?

Fanatic
Crabber Since 2016
7 Caribbeans & 2 Ecuadorians
I am the proud owner of my hermit crabs, aquarium fish, and isopod totes!

niccolyas@gmail.com

Re: Isopod?

Post by niccolyas@gmail.com » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:04 am

Newbie here, but from what I have read the ones they buy (you can find that in the resources part on here, where u can also find great places for food.) Don't actually go in the tank for about 3 months. U need a separate tank so they can breed and populate, then move them. Crabs eat them too so if u put the first batch in, u have no more. I have been looking into this as well. The resources section on this site is AMAZING. Also try searching the forums using the search bar an people have also listed their favorite sites and even experiences with them. Good luck hopefully a senior member can answer too. I may not be right so they can correct me.

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:33 pm

Your yard ;)

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:58 pm

If you live in Florida ~ I’ll be happy to give you some! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Kermie16

Post by Kermie16 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:27 pm

Got ours from Stacy at isopods connections online. We initially ordered about 20 for our 55g tank and they have multiplied like crazy!! Wonderful tank maintenance and great fresh protein for the crannies:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk