moving isopods!

For everything isopod - breeding, keeping, and as clean up crews. Also known as pill bugs and rolly-pollies!

Topic author
ciaraalston

moving isopods!

Post by ciaraalston » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:21 am

Hey yall! So, as yall know, i added some isopods to my 55 gallon about a month ago. I love seeing them crawl around! But, i'm concerned about when we move...I'll be putting all the substrate from the 55 gallon into the tote tank, (i plan on adding it last so it's on the top) but do i need to do anything specific about the isopods? If i scoop it all out into the tote, will they become buried too deep and suffocate? i'm probably over thinking this, but i just want to make sure before i do the wrong thing!
4 purple pinchers & 2 ecuadorians living a life of luxury in south west Louisiana.
Follow my hermit crab learning journey on instagram! @hermitcrabs_in_the_boot

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: moving isopods!

Post by GotButterflies » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:49 pm

Just scoop the top 1 inch of the substrate out and put it to the side. Most of that will contain the isopods. Then put that on the top :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
ciaraalston

Post by ciaraalston » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:19 am

GotButterflies wrote:Just scoop the top 1 inch of the substrate out and put it to the side. Most of that will contain the isopods. Then put that on the top :)
Thank you Image

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
4 purple pinchers & 2 ecuadorians living a life of luxury in south west Louisiana.
Follow my hermit crab learning journey on instagram! @hermitcrabs_in_the_boot

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:52 pm

Yw! :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com