Adding Isopods to Main Tank

For everything isopod - breeding, keeping, and as clean up crews. Also known as pill bugs and rolly-pollies!

Topic author
AwesomeHermit

Re: Adding Isopods to Main Tank

Post by AwesomeHermit » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:10 pm

I haven't seen nematodes anymore but I've seen these little red bugs. They have 3 segments. Ive seen them interact with the isopods and they seem perfectly fine. I know they aren't ants because they look different. Can anyone identify who they are, and if they are dangerous?
One or hopefully two Clypeatus
Goodbye my little E. See you soon.
Bye Fred. You lasted almost 4 years with me. Hope you're with my E now! See you soon Reeba as well. I can't believe I lost you only after a month.
Crabbing for 4 years!

StarGirlxo

Post by StarGirlxo » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:26 pm

I regret adding rollie pollies to my tank. I literally put 2 in my 70 gallon tank which is like a natural terrarium and I now have hundreds in there now all over the place. I'm not sure if there is anything I can do but my crabs seem annoyed now. I wish I hadn't done it I try and see them as tiny hermit crabs but there is just so many wow. From 2. Its crazy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PinchersAndShells

Post by PinchersAndShells » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:34 pm

StarGirlxo wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:26 pm
I regret adding rollie pollies to my tank. I literally put 2 in my 70 gallon tank which is like a natural terrarium and I now have hundreds in there now all over the place. I'm not sure if there is anything I can do but my crabs seem annoyed now. I wish I hadn't done it I try and see them as tiny hermit crabs but there is just so many wow. From 2. Its crazy. ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I’d recommend putting a piece of wood in there! They’ll hide on the bottom and then you can shake them off into an “overflow” bin. My only recommendation is to NOT release them into the environment, they may have come into contact with bacteria or pathogens that would then be brought to the wild population and potentially cause damage! :)
4 PPs + 1 E = Dusty, Momo, Seasalt, & Elvis
Captive Bred PP = Randy
75 Gallon Crabitat | Crabbing Since 8.11.2015
https://www.instagram.com/pinchersandshells/

Topic author
AwesomeHermit

Post by AwesomeHermit » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:19 am

Can Isopods have Repashy Calcium Plus?
Bye Fred. You lasted almost 4 years with me. Hope you're with my E now! See you soon Reeba as well. I can't believe I lost you only after a month.
Crabbing for 4 years!

Topic author
AwesomeHermit

Post by AwesomeHermit » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:01 pm

Rip all my Isopods :(
Crabbing for 4 years!