Need help with an ID.(Image heavy)

This is the place to post if you have questions and aren't sure where to ask them! If it relates to one of the sections below, please post there instead.

Crabby7Crabber

Re: Need help with an ID.(Image heavy)

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:40 pm

Fangs wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:37 pm
Of course I understand adopting is always a great thing to do! And yeah the winter is rough by me too. The website I got straws from was yourfishstore but it is a risk since it seems they might ship directly from the wholesaler. But when I got mine they came in perfectly.
That's good to hear! I honestly don't care though, to be honest, what the hermies look like. I love them all the same! <3 (Even though I may be more "wowed" by some than others)!
Three PPs (Hoodini, Aaron Burr, and Jubali)
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

p2gg86

Post by p2gg86 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:57 pm

Wow nice find of exotic hermies! I hope they all will go for molting soon.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:58 pm

To me, they look like lila.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
Fangs

Post by Fangs » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:42 pm

Yea looking more into it they def look like lila. Thank you all for the replies!

tonycoenobita

Post by tonycoenobita » Tue May 19, 2020 12:12 am

Tony

Land Hermit Crab Species Introduction:
www.tonycoenobita.com/species_eng.htm

Crabbing since 2000

CrabbyChelle628

Post by CrabbyChelle628 » Tue May 26, 2020 5:44 pm

Fangs wrote: That's a good plan! I know some places online that have sold straws and E's. If you want I can look around for you.
I would love exotics too. In ND where I live there is rarely any crabs up for adoption and the only crabs the stores have are the PPs. A couple of months ago I did call around to places in Minneapolis and did find one place that had strawberries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrabbyChelle628

Post by CrabbyChelle628 » Tue May 26, 2020 5:46 pm

Your crabs are so cute!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Tue May 26, 2020 8:10 pm

How are they doing?
Three PPs (Hoodini, Aaron Burr, and Jubali)
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

Topic author
Fangs

Post by Fangs » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:56 pm

Crabby7Crabber wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 8:10 pm
How are they doing?
Sorry for no update for awhile, it’s been very busy. Unfortunately since they came from very bad conditions where I got them from, 2 days in two surface molted and did not make it. The other two are great still and are coloring up after two good molts. They were at a local reptile expo in dry wood chips. I’m just glad the two I have are doing well.

I come from a marine fish background and have learned aquaculture of marine fish. I’m hoping to one day breed them but I currently have two males. I’ll try to get more so I can try to breed them in the future.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:47 pm

Fangs wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:56 pm
Sorry for no update for awhile, it’s been very busy. Unfortunately since they came from very bad conditions where I got them from, 2 days in two surface molted and did not make it. The other two are great still and are coloring up after two good molts. They were at a local reptile expo in dry wood chips. I’m just glad the two I have are doing well.

I come from a marine fish background and have learned aquaculture of marine fish. I’m hoping to one day breed them but I currently have two males. I’ll try to get more so I can try to breed them in the future.
We have seen hermit crabs change their sex. One of your males might change into a female, but it's hard to say.
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
Fangs

Post by Fangs » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:04 pm

GotButterflies wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:47 pm
We have seen hermit crabs change their sex. One of your males might change into a female, but it's hard to say.
Yeah I have heard that from others. Hopefully they do change. That would make them simultaneous hermaphrodites like a lot of marine organisms. Ill keep an eye on that. Do they change sex after molts or just random? I have a few larval methods I want to try that might make it a lot easier to breed hermits. There are these pellets called TDO Pellets which can be used at later larval stages for marine gobies and clowns in place of artemia.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:53 pm

Fangs wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:04 pm
Yeah I have heard that from others. Hopefully they do change. That would make them simultaneous hermaphrodites like a lot of marine organisms. Ill keep an eye on that. Do they change sex after molts or just random? I have a few larval methods I want to try that might make it a lot easier to breed hermits. There are these pellets called TDO Pellets which can be used at later larval stages for marine gobies and clowns in place of artemia.
I'm not positive, but I would guess that it probably happens during molts :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
Fangs

Post by Fangs » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:59 pm

GotButterflies wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:53 pm
I'm not positive, but I would guess that it probably happens during molts :)
Ok thanks! I’ll keep checking after molts then and hopefully I can try and breed them. :)