Introducing new crabs

This is the place to post if you have questions and aren't sure where to ask them! If it relates to one of the sections below, please post there instead.

Topic author
Allyb01

Introducing new crabs

Post by Allyb01 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:53 pm

I have brought home three more crabs. I currently have three but they are all underground and have been for about two weeks. How should I introduce them to the others? I will be bathing two of the new three but am not sure if I should bath one of them. He/she is not moving and has lost a leg. Should I still bathe him/her? Thanks everyone!

Proud owner of 6 PPs,Twinkie, Tweedles, Tiny, and 3 other unnameds!:)

CallaLily

Re: Introducing new crabs

Post by CallaLily » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:12 pm

If your one new crab is acting very weak, you may want to ISO him for a while. Until he successfully completed a molt, I'd say.

I always recommending giving new crabs a good bath in the freshwater pool before turning them lose in the main tank. Just so they smell more familiar to your other crabs.

Topic author
Allyb01

Post by Allyb01 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:38 pm

CallaLily wrote:If your one new crab is acting very weak, you may want to ISO him for a while. Until he successfully completed a molt, I'd say.

I always recommending giving new crabs a good bath in the freshwater pool before turning them lose in the main tank. Just so they smell more familiar to your other crabs.
Thank you! You were very helpful.

Proud owner of 6 PPs,Twinkie, Tweedles, Tiny, and 3 other unnameds!:)

CallaLily

Post by CallaLily » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:57 pm

You're welcome. :)