Moving/Chemicals/Crabs Under

This is the place to post if you have questions and aren't sure where to ask them! If it relates to one of the sections below, please post there instead.

Topic author
teachincrabbie

Moving/Chemicals/Crabs Under

Post by teachincrabbie » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:39 am

So I’m in a tough spot and would appreciate any advice.

I have had my crabs for over 3 months and we have been really happy.

My crabs currently live in my classroom. However they will be replacing the countertops so that means a strong adhesive. And right now my tank is pretty close to those counters (6 feet). Can I place a towel over the top? I have a glass top. They will be replacing them next week or the week after.

On top of this I’m moving from the Bay Area, CA to Los Angeles about a 300 mile drive on June 30. I have 3 crabs under currently. One is a medium who has been under almost 2 months. Two are small/teeny and they have been under a month and a half. I hoping by June 30 they’ll be up but as you know it is hard to guess how long they will take.

If the counters are an issue and a towel won’t do it, should I dig and move them early. I’m taking a trip to LA and driving down this Friday or Saturday. I could move them then but I would have to dig for the other ones under ground right? Could I leave them under (probably not but just thought to ask)? If I dig, I’ll need to put them all in Tupperware for the ride. Then I need advice for caring for them once I dig. In LA my mom would have to care of them. I’ll have a week to train her and handle the ones that got dug up.

If the counters aren’t a big deal I can leave them until the 30th but even then some may be under.

Help!

Topic author
teachincrabbie

Re: Moving/Chemicals/Crabs Under

Post by teachincrabbie » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:56 am

Got to my classroom this morning and my medium one is up! That means two are up and two are down.

EDIT: Another one just popped up! Only one down!

RiNiKy506

Re: Moving/Chemicals/Crabs Under

Post by RiNiKy506 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:09 pm

The other shouldn’t be too far behind if they are the same size. Congratulations on successful molts!