Non-Active Crabs....

This is the place to post if you have questions and aren't sure where to ask them! If it relates to one of the sections below, please post there instead.

Topic author
scuttlecrusty22

Non-Active Crabs....

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:39 am

I don't usually see much of my crabs during the day, and I never stay up very late at night so I never see them. Is it ok if my crabs aren't very active? I know that if crabs are overly active then it means that they have something wrong with their habitat, so that's not an issue. My tank always has a temperature of around 75-80 degrees and a humidity of 80-85. And the substrate is about 5" 1/2 inches deep. (And I need to add more but my crabs never seem to come up long enough for me to add any.) They both molted recently as well. So are they ok?

Sent from my LGL158VL using Tapatalk

(Scuttle, Crusty) crabs, (Buster,Ruby) chihuahuas, (Bugs) goat, (Echo) betta fish (Skittles,Sky) parakeets

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life"

Scarletfire

Re: Non-Active Crabs....

Post by Scarletfire » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:28 am

I don't see my crabs out during the day, but my strawberry will walk and climb all over when the lights go out. You could smooth out the sand, and see the tracks in the morning, or you could get a wyze camera to get live stream of the tank, and time lapse overnight if you put in a microsd card. I didn't think my hamster wheel was being used until I saw him on it one time,and I saw a shell change too!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:18 am

Also, you can add up to an inch of sub per day, as long as you don't pack it down.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Xenocrab

Post by Xenocrab » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:21 am

Crabbies do whatever they want whenever they want! They always keep us guessing!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

6 babies, 4 Es and 15 PPs.

Topic author
scuttlecrusty22

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:24 pm

Thanks!!! Does anyone have any ideas of how I can keep interested in my crabs even though I don't see them regularly?

(Scuttle, Crusty) crabs, (Buster,Ruby) chihuahuas, (Bugs) goat, (Echo) betta fish (Skittles,Sky) parakeets

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life"

Xenocrab

Post by Xenocrab » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:31 pm

Think of things you'd like to climb if you were a bored crab....then build and make it! When they come up, they will be happy for something new. That's my idea.

Xenocrab

Post by Xenocrab » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:34 pm

Read up on the care guides. See what foods you can introduce. Look at the pics on here for ideas of what to add to the tank. Shop online for new shells. Get a Wyze can so you can check on them no matter where you are.

Topic author
scuttlecrusty22

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:35 pm

Thank you!!! Excellent ideas