When would you dig?

This is the place to post if you have questions and aren't sure where to ask them! If it relates to one of the sections below, please post there instead.

Topic author
ThatMamaDawn

When would you dig?

Post by ThatMamaDawn » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:03 pm

I set up my crabitat towards the end of May. 3 of my 4 crabs went down right away for a molt and came back up about a month later (I posted pics in here. The 4th crab must have went down after the 2 came up cuz I haven’t seen him. But even one of my crabs that went down right away hasn’t come back up. The tank doesn’t smell bad. But I’m starting to worry. Suggestions?

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Mama of 4 PP’s: Crabby, Hermie, Mr. Crabs, & Squidward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maddamay32

Re: When would you dig?

Post by Maddamay32 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:04 pm

How deep is your sub and what is it made of?

Sent from my LG-SP320 using Tapatalk

8 crabs at the moment "Tarzan, Kermit, Shy guy, Eduardo, Jimbo, Rosa, Diesel, Treaker"

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:09 pm

If molting, they can stay under for a few months. At the 4 month mark maybe start being concerned. Never dig though unless there's a flood or bacterial bloom. Are your conditions good? Substrate, temp, humidity?
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Topic author
ThatMamaDawn

Post by ThatMamaDawn » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:33 pm

Everything is good and as it should be. I’ve had 2 successful molters who both switched shells when they came back up. Just worried about these other two. I’ll let them chill for a bit longer.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Mama of 4 PP’s: Crabby, Hermie, Mr. Crabs, & Squidward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk